Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,909,035 times

Advertisements

If you go to link removed and pull up a school, on some of them, parents and even the students comment...and just like these forums, some love 'em and others don't....I think until you actually go to a school, it is very difficult to determine if it is good or bad as each child/parent/teacher personality as well as the needs and levels of each child play a part in education....Where i am, the big thing is what teacher your child will get next year and for every teacher someone doesn't like you will find another person who does like that person...I think when you decide to relocate, it is just as important to go to the schools...a friend of mine went to a school in the wake-forest area and the kids were walking down the hall and HAD to keep their hands behind their back and not SAY a word...while our children too must learn how to walk in the halls...she got a bad feeling (again just her opinion) about it coupled with what she knows how her children's personality and did not feel comfortable with that school...she went and spke to principals, observed classes etc...not only is going to see houses important, visisting the shcools is equally as important for those with school aged children.

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2006 at 03:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2006, 12:47 PM

85 posts, read 264,154 times
I agree. mod cut is a wonderful resource to get the inside scoop on schools, as long as you remember that opinion are just that - subjective! However, if you have a school that has mostly 4 and 5 stars from people, you can pretty much bet it's a good school. I love looking at this website!

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2006 at 03:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: