Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 01:50 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Well 6 years after I made this comment it seems the lack of common sense continues. Guess some things never change.
I agree completely. My other related pet peeve is the large percentage of people who don't think to use their headlights in the fog ... something quite common in my part of the NC mountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:11 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
I hate it when people don't Use their headlights when it's raining or when it's starting to get dark.

I understand it's not necessary to use headlights to see, but the headlights help OTHERS see you.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:34 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
the headlights help OTHERS see you.
Exactly!

Old 06-14-2015, 04:53 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
There are lots of people who don't consider safety on the roads as all that important...and lots of issues other than headlights in the rain. This law was only passed in the last 20 years or so. I guess some people haven't heard.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM

386 posts, read 366,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie View Post
I was told there was a law in North Carolina that you had to turn your headlights on when it was raining. I don't think most states have that law. I know that Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire have no such law.
Six years have passed since the cited post was typed, but before 2009 CT and NH driving laws absolutely required drivers to turn on their headlights during rain storms. As wacked as Mass is, even the wicked pissahs living there are now supposed to have their headlights on when it rains. Not that this will improve their driving, but they could be worse, e.g., here in China where I'm blown away by the driving or other countries where I've lived, worked, and where headlights, turn signals, break lights, etc. are considered optional by some people to a waste of energy. The latter is just funny.

If I'm lucky, I'll avoid accidents in China for a few more months. Then, returning to the States, perhaps NC, no lights during rain storms will be recalled as a relatively minor driving concern. However, I'm certainly open to receiving private messages from anyone mutually interested in my recent 8 years working and living in east Asia. Yup, a subtle hint at networking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina