Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM

330 posts, read 460,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remeric66 View Post
I am somewhat confused as to wether I may qualify for EUC 08 extended benefits. My original 26 weeks of benefits will expire at the end of Feb. If I have not found anything, will I then be able to file for the federal extension? I have tried countless times to call my local office and cannot seem to get through. My benefit year runs until the end of June and I am not sure how that effects anything. I greatly appreciate any help I receive. Thanks in advance.
as our old friend jdljr would say on this thread, if you dont have any disqualifications, then you could get EUC for 20 weeks of Tier 1, and then on to the other Tiers. i think Congress extended EUC to Feb 2012.
you got UI, so it would seem you could move on, but there are sometimes circumstances that prevent it.
26 weeks of UI is a full length, so in most, not all, cases, you get EUC and you get the full length, as far as Congress has allowed, anyway.

your year ends in June, but youre just now ending half a year's UI? you mustve worked or had some delay. in a lot of cases, you can just keep filing online and it will be updated. what does your Claim Profile say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 12,833 times
On my claim profile it says regular active claim and for issues it says No. I appreciate your help. Would be nice to be able to get someone from esc on the phone too. Have any idea what the disqualifications are for the EUC ? Thanks again for your help.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 PM

193 posts, read 285,872 times
Update.

and this is for you KC.

The rep I spoke to today on the phone.. yeah I took a few weeks break on the calling them on my issue. I was about to go insane. Anyhow, the rep I spoke to today said that I have one more week left to claim. I began to file March 14th of 2009. She said "count the weeks... you are 99'er. You cannot claim more than 99 weeks." SO. Regardless, if I hadn't been paid my underpayment, I wonder if they would have continued to pay me? Because if they didn't pay me the underpayment, I would still have 6 weeks worth of money in my claim.

The rep, for once, did sound very knowledgeable. The only reason I doubt her is because of the 100 other reps I have spoken to that are clueless.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,684 times
My husband was laid off in February 2009. Hundreds of applications later, nothing.

We got a notice on line that his benefits are exhausted as of this week. In September, they booted him out of Tier 4 to absorb an 'overpayment' and then automatically put him on EB.

When he went in last week to check on things, one rep told him he had $6600 still in benefits. Today, he went in to see them because of the benefits exhausted notice and another rep said there's $6100 there but he can't have it. He's completely cut off. We're totally confused.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 AM

22 posts, read 68,264 times
Can somebody help me with a general question? I had worked my last job for 1 year and 3 months. I got laid off, and now I'm in my T2 since the end of December 2010 when Congress passed the law. Will I qualify for T3 when my T2 is over? How about T4? I ask that because my dad just recently has a stroke, so It'll be hard for me to find a job now since nobody take care of him. So, will I be qualify for T3?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 AM

330 posts, read 460,899 times
^cant imagine any reason you wouldnt. youre eligible for one EUC Tier, youre eligible for all.

^^i've not ever been told a dollar amount i have left, at any level, so i dont know about that.
if he's been on unemployment since Feb 2009, and has gone through 26 weeks of UI, 20 of Tier 1, 14 Tier 2, 13 Tier 3, 6 Tier 4, and 20 EB, OR at least the equivalent of that after all that overpayment mess, then yeah, he might be benefits exhausted. thats all the levels there are.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,684 times
His friend who was laid off the same day was told the same thing at another office. The lady today said he does have a 'balance' but he doesn't get it. We think it was supposed to be his Tier 4 that he didn't get all of, only a little.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 19,167 times
Default extended Unemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
It was just on the news that there were problems with the computers crashing and they are not sure about getting them up tomorrow. They suggested calling or going in person.
I have just submitted my last of my initial 26 weeks benefits period. What happens now?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,569 times
I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but I'll ask anyways. I just received my unemployment check and it said on the little tab on the check, extended unemployment benefits have exhausted. no additional benefits are available at this time.

I'm only at the end of Tier 1. My benefit year ends 2/26/11. Claim Status is 'Regular Active Claim' and there are no active issues. Do I need to call the ESC office to ask to be moved into the next tier or should I just keep filing as usual or submit a whole new claim.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
Update.

and this is for you KC.

The rep I spoke to today on the phone.. yeah I took a few weeks break on the calling them on my issue. I was about to go insane. Anyhow, the rep I spoke to today said that I have one more week left to claim. I began to file March 14th of 2009. She said "count the weeks... you are 99'er. You cannot claim more than 99 weeks." SO. Regardless, if I hadn't been paid my underpayment, I wonder if they would have continued to pay me? Because if they didn't pay me the underpayment, I would still have 6 weeks worth of money in my claim.

The rep, for once, did sound very knowledgeable. The only reason I doubt her is because of the 100 other reps I have spoken to that are clueless.
whew!
Thanks for updating me!

Well I'm among the employed now, but I do know I left around 10 weeks of EB sitting in my account.
When I let the rep know I wouldn't be at the EB review due to the fact I'm now employed, she said YOu have x amount of dollars in EB if anything happens with your job, you can open a 3rd benefit year and finish the 10 week sof EB... that would put me at 111 weeks if I'd have ot gone back to work and collected all the waythrough, never went one week without benefits(lucky to say the least)
It's also so very different than what you were told about being a 99'er.
I think your correct though, I think if they would'nt have paid you that underpayment, I belive you'd have still gotten weekly benefits for the remainder of year 2 and also been able to open a 3rd year to finish off the rest.
So I suppose you have to ask your self, did it benefit me to get the larger lump sum amt. all at once, then finish early?
They've done so many crazy things this past 2010 year, it seems like 2011 should be a breeze for those collecting benefits now that congress approved everything until 2012!
I hope the job market will open up this year and many will find employment soon.
So far it looks worse in many areas.

I was lucky this time. So far things are working out well for me and it feels so good to be back in the workforce and >>>drama everyday(lol)
take care!!!
(KC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina