Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 05:26 PM

37 posts, read 97,392 times

Advertisements

JDLJR Heard anything about tier 4 implementation yet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
No, but please know I will post here when I do. I won't forget!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM

37 posts, read 97,392 times
Any idea what the problem is AGAIN??

Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,568 times
This message is for jdljr. After reading your responses, you seem to be the best person to help me with this new and constantly changing problem. On Dec. 21, 2009 my UI had stopped for no reason and with a call to my local ESC office I was told that the information would have to manual entered and should receive payment within 24 hours. Of course this didn't happen and still has happen to this day. During that week I contact someone in UI techinal and ask what can be done. He advise me that since my claim was about to end (Feb 10, 2010) to file a new one. Thus I did which I learned cause more harm than good. I have been currently working with the Cary office to point where they know me by name and I have talk to almost everyone in Claims. Everytime someone enters or keys in my information it is errored out to the point where the regional supervisor information was errored out. I don't know what to do at this point. I have receive soooo many letters about my claim saying that I'm eligilable for this or that. And now no one wants to return my calls or emails about this problem. Six weeks have gone by with everyone saying the samething, either programming needs to be completed or it has to be keyed in. What advise could you offer me ? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:10 AM

8 posts, read 15,621 times
Hi,
I exhausted all of my 1st year benefits (26 weeks) and qualified for EUC 08 (Tier 1 I guess) for 20 additional weeks. I have a few questions

My tier 1 is exhausted on the week ending March 27, 10. If I understand correctly because this date is after 02/10. Then I will not qualify for any additional extension benefits. Correct?

Also, my benefit year ends 05/08/10. I can at that time apply for a second year of benefits correct? My base period at that time would be 1Q09, 2Q09, 3Q09, & 4Q09. I had wages in 1Q09, and 2Q09 totaling $12,480.00. I do not understand how to determine how many weeks I will be eligible for. I read the post about multiplying by 8, but just dont get it. Could someone please elaborate?

Hopefully I will find a job....and all this headache and worry will go away, but knowing what the future holds can help ease the nervousness.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Any idea what the problem is AGAIN??
I haven't heard. I don't know how extensive this programming is in relation to the Tier 3. Nothing has been said verbally or in writing about the progress.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele1432 View Post
This message is for jdljr. After reading your responses, you seem to be the best person to help me with this new and constantly changing problem. On Dec. 21, 2009 my UI had stopped for no reason and with a call to my local ESC office I was told that the information would have to manual entered and should receive payment within 24 hours. Of course this didn't happen and still has happen to this day. During that week I contact someone in UI techinal and ask what can be done. He advise me that since my claim was about to end (Feb 10, 2010) to file a new one. Thus I did which I learned cause more harm than good. I have been currently working with the Cary office to point where they know me by name and I have talk to almost everyone in Claims. Everytime someone enters or keys in my information it is errored out to the point where the regional supervisor information was errored out. I don't know what to do at this point. I have receive soooo many letters about my claim saying that I'm eligilable for this or that. And now no one wants to return my calls or emails about this problem. Six weeks have gone by with everyone saying the samething, either programming needs to be completed or it has to be keyed in. What advise could you offer me ? Thanks in advance.
I don't have any useful advice, unfortunately. The system is decades old, never meant to handle this volume. Yesterday I came across a problem on a claim where a wrong pay type code was assigned by the system when the claimant certified last week. This system showed the claim as exhausted. But there was a balance of money on the claim, and the claim was brand new (3 weeks old) so it clearly wasn't exhausted. I did a fix last night and checked it today and it worked; the fix changed the pay type code to the correct code and gave the claim a swift kick.

Today I came across a claim that, after the last weekly certification, a new pay week wasn't opened so the claimant couldn't certify. I did a fix this afternoon and will check it tomorrow morning. Another claim had finished paying out Tier 3 but didn't kick back in for EB. A colleague did a fix on that claim this afternoon, we'll see what happens.

The system is overwhelmed, it's a wonder it does as well as it does. I'm sorry you're having such a time with your claim. The more hands that touch it, the more chance there is for problems to snowball. I will say you got bad advice to open a new claim. You can't do that while you currently have a benefit year open; you have to wait until the benefit year in effect ends. I know what I would have tried had I been working on it, who knows what someone else did. Sometimes some of the claims are very temperamental and take several attempts to get back in line. Each attempt, unfortunately, takes overnight processing to see if it worked. If not, make another attempt with a different transaction and wait til the next day and check it. It is the nature of the beast.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpender4636 View Post
Hi,
I exhausted all of my 1st year benefits (26 weeks) and qualified for EUC 08 (Tier 1 I guess) for 20 additional weeks. I have a few questions

My tier 1 is exhausted on the week ending March 27, 10. If I understand correctly because this date is after 02/10. Then I will not qualify for any additional extension benefits. Correct?

Also, my benefit year ends 05/08/10. I can at that time apply for a second year of benefits correct? My base period at that time would be 1Q09, 2Q09, 3Q09, & 4Q09. I had wages in 1Q09, and 2Q09 totaling $12,480.00. I do not understand how to determine how many weeks I will be eligible for. I read the post about multiplying by 8, but just dont get it. Could someone please elaborate?

Hopefully I will find a job....and all this headache and worry will go away, but knowing what the future holds can help ease the nervousness.

Thanks in advance
Essentially, from the information I've seen you must exhaust your current extension by Feb 28, 2010 in order to be eligible for the next higher tier. I don't know if they'll extend that date.

After you current benefit year ends, you can apply for a new benefit year. In order to determine how many weeks your new claim should set for, take your $12,480, divide that number by the highest of the two quarters, then multiply the result by 8.66. Whatever the number between 13 and 26, that's the number of weeks your claim should set for. If the number is less than 13, you'll get the minimum 13. If it's more than 26, you'll get the maximum 26.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM

8 posts, read 22,880 times
Default jdljr

Quote:
does the new job bill have anything about pushing the feb. 28th 2010 date back any further in 2010. i did find out that i did start tier 3 last week. i talked to the sparta and ashe county office today, they knew more than yadkinville. jdljr u get my vote too. work in that mess allday and come home and help people answering questions in the evenings and weekends. thanks for being so dedictated. ritchie

Old 01-26-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchie09 View Post
does the new job bill have anything about pushing the feb. 28th 2010 date back any further in 2010. i did find out that i did start tier 3 last week. i talked to the sparta and ashe county office today, they knew more than yadkinville. jdljr u get my vote too. work in that mess allday and come home and help people answering questions in the evenings and weekends. thanks for being so dedictated. ritchie
I heard the headline on the news tonight about Obama and the job bill, they mentioned something about additional stimulus. But haven't heard any specifics and of course, as you know we (ESC), won't hear specifics for awhile. It may not even have anything to do with extensions. Maybe it'll be something in place of extensions, who knows.

Thanks for your vote too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina