Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 PM

230 posts, read 275,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
5 Democrats voted for the house budget which made it veto proof. If 4 of those 5 continue to support the budget, then they can override the veto.

It is only veto proof if the dems dont talk them back.. One of my biggest problems with politics is party lines. You can cross them in a generalized vote, but in a veto buster doing so will cause problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 PM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
So when Perdue vetoes this and 4 dems will more than likely not side with the Republicans, what next? The Republicans will not separate the bill no matter what. Then we have to wait until July. I am torn, because my money runs out after June's bills.

No, the pubs just need 4 Dems, the house Dems need all but 3 to prevent it.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
Default That's why I said "continue" to support the budget

Obviously those dems are going to have to take the heat to stay there but they did cross so there's always a chance they'll stay... a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
It is only veto proof if the dems dont talk them back.. One of my biggest problems with politics is party lines. You can cross them in a generalized vote, but in a veto buster doing so will cause problems.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:59 PM

187 posts, read 259,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
There are five Democrats (Brisson, Crawford, Hill, Owens and Spear) that joined the Republican majority in supporting the $19.3 billion spending plan. That was a 13% cut. The (CR) is a 3% cut. Just saying.
Pay attention to what is being said here people. Laidoffafter50 has made a very important point, which should keep this situation positive. If they voted to accept a 13% cut, not voting to accept a 3% temporary cut for three months would be sheer conspiracy and worthy of an all out riot! ! ! PEOPLE ARE HUNGRY! ! ! CHILDREN ARE SEPARATED FROM THEIR PARENTS! ! ! I HAVEN'T SEEN MY 2 AND 3 YEAR OLD IN THREE WEEKS! ! ! ENOUGH BULL S@#* ALREADY! ! ! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN AT THIS POINT ABOUT EITHER PARTY POLITICS, BECAUSE I NEED TO GET MY FAMILY BACK TOGETHER! ! ! OTHER PEOPLE JUST LIKE MYSELF ARE SUFFERING AND IN EVEN WORSE SHAPE THAN MYSELF! ! ! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! ! ! BUST THOSE PHONE LINES TO LEGISLATORS IN BOTH PARTIES AND THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE TOMORROW AND MAKE SURE WE ARE HEARD! ! EVERYTHING HAS ITS LIMIT AND I THINK THE LIMIT HAS GONE OVERBOARD HERE! ! !

Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM

16 posts, read 18,052 times
Last week I proposed such an idea where a few Democrats could have join the Republicans in overturning the veto the last time around but someone suggested that it would do more harm then good.

It would have settled this matter weeks ago, thats for sure but for obvious reasons that was not going to happen.

Well now I see that this will probably be the case and I hate to tell you so but I told you so.....

Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM

24 posts, read 28,676 times
Default ghettoize

I'm sorry about the respond to the drink. I read about the kids without food no gas money and people can't pay their bills, it just sounded bad

Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM

69 posts, read 83,735 times
Amen I am sick of this all this mess. I am sick of watching my kids eat every other day and may now have to stretch it to one every three days now. We need to be treated as people and not stray dogs and I am tired of it. I want Phil Berger, Thom Tillis, Mr. Moore and all those folks who are out to starve my kids to death in the parking garage in Raleigh. I am sick of trying to be diplomatic as we are supposed to be. I want all of them for 10 minutes and the democrats can throw my bail as I am through with diplomacy and ready for action.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM

69 posts, read 83,735 times
Who is with me the National Guard aint gonna stop me the legilative police the sheriff's dept. the highway patrol can try but it is time to take them all to the woodshed and get it over with. Give your soul to God cause their A$$ is mine.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 PM

55 posts, read 66,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
Amen I am sick of this all this mess. I am sick of watching my kids eat every other day and may now have to stretch it to one every three days now. We need to be treated as people and not stray dogs and I am tired of it. I want Phil Berger, Thom Tillis, Mr. Moore and all those folks who are out to starve my kids to death in the parking garage in Raleigh. I am sick of trying to be diplomatic as we are supposed to be. I want all of them for 10 minutes and the democrats can throw my bail as I am through with diplomacy and ready for action.

I feel you on that sir......

Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
You still have to think of your family though Greg Things in life could go from downright bad-to WORSE and UNFIXABLE if your acts include violence...I understand totally your frustration, just, think before acting. Nobody wants to see you or anyone else on the news for something that's really out of our hands.

We STRONGLY make our voices heard and known, but as much as it hurts....stay civil brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina