Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM

156 posts, read 190,112 times

Advertisements

Never mind...I just found it on their search bills section. Its the h597 UI/Fix Aggrieved Party Definition.
DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Thnx laidoff. I thought maybe a reason to have some hope

Old 05-17-2011, 01:01 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
Default Nesbitt's rabbit trick

I have a feeling he might have been referring to their attempt to attach the 3 year lookback to HB597 when it was in committee. It obviously didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Was it a week or so ago that Nesbitt said he had an idea on how to get the bill moving? Did he ever reveal what that idea was?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default Having hope is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Thnx laidoff. I thought maybe a reason to have some hope
I will have to skate around the integral political ideologies surrounding each group because of the restrictive nature of this forum.................

BUT

It has become hard to have hope in any modern politics.

The way unemployment benefits are being handled in North Carolina is just plain cruel.

Is their any redemption for North Carolina's "leaders" through this whole mess? I am invested in the outcome, and interested to see what will come of it.

Thanks for the continued support and information updates

Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default That was it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I have a feeling he might have been referring to their attempt to attach the 3 year lookback to HB597 when it was in committee. It obviously didn't work.
That was it, it didn't work, and that's why it probably wasn't mentioned again.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:10 PM

37 posts, read 42,817 times
This continues to suck, however I am glad to find this forum back up. Look guys 200 people aren't going to make the impact we are looking for. There are thousands that have rallied and protested both for gay rights and the teachers cuts in the capital last week (about 7500 of them), so you can guarantee no matter how annoying we make ourselves, (I'm doing it as well) they have what they consider bigger fish to fry, as it were. That being said we have to get the word out. There are more of us(unemployed) then both of theses other groups combined. We have to get to more of the unemployed on board. Good news though, with all these unhappy people I imagine their will be a large "house" cleaning come next fall.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM

162 posts, read 212,990 times
Funny how time is wasted on problems that should be solved locally. Micromanaging at a higher level.
And adjourned again.

Last edited by NCEB; 05-17-2011 at 01:53 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM

157 posts, read 182,219 times
I sent this to the governors office earlier. I'm sure it won't do any good but at least it makes me feel like I am doing something....

Dear Governor,

I am one of the 37,000 waiting for some resolution to the unemployment standoff.

Perhaps the Governors Office could make a statement to the effect of asking landlords and mortgage holders to be patient with those of us caught in the middle of this and that our benefits will be resumed eventually?

I will not have enough left in the bank to pay my June rent unless this is resolved soon. I am very worried and have nowhere to go.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Well, guess what? There all gone again for the day... I'm getting f$c%ing sick of this and these so-called leaders. I'm sorry to offend anyone. It's just getting so hard to bear. They dismiss...Knowing people are hanging on everyday for some sort of news or resolution. We can't even get a date for when they might even have discussions.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM

244 posts, read 311,399 times
Sen. Nesbitt Press Conference 4:00pm

North Carolina General Assembly - Press Audio

Video Coverage: WRAL.com

Sen. Nesbitt weekly news conference :: WRAL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina