Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 03:36 PM

9 posts, read 20,296 times

Advertisements

Jdljr, I hate that you're leaving this forum. You have helped me and I'm sure a lot of other people too very much. I like a lot of others won't bother to check this thread for info anymore. You are the one that gave most of the helpful info on here. I hate that mean, hateful people (you know who you are) ruined it for all of us that benefitted from you knowledge. We will miss you. Good luck with everything you do. I hope you change your mind, but I don't blame you for not posting anymore. Some people look a gift horse in the mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 06:36 PM

20 posts, read 39,385 times
I have a question about tier 1V. I called the esc and they told me there still reprogramming until mid march.I refiled my claim. At first I got a letter saying I wasn't eligible due to insufficient base period. I went to the esc and the supervisor had to look at it. never heard nothing. Next I got a letter saying that I was approved. pull forward I guess. I keep calling the esc and they told me that i was to be added to tier 1V. so far I haven't gotten a letter about tier 1V. My benefits say they have been exhausted and since this is the second year that eb won't pull forward. so I have nothing to fall back on. when will the funds go into my account. from what they told me that I was on it. it should be mid march is this true. this has been going on for three weeks now since feb. 6th when my tier ended. I still in the dark with no answers and no money. also with the 30 day temporary extension why am I not getting that. I also have to pay an overpayment from the pull forward and said I wasn't entitled due to exhausting of benefits and it was necessary to correct my claim. I'm confused am I going to get tier 1V or not.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 PM

I need to add something it said tier 2 on my letter. but when I went to the esc they were checking and said it looks like I went through tier 3. that's what I want to know about tier 4. how can that be why am I not getting tier 3 since it said tier 2. in other words I have to wait for tier 1V like they said. I just don't know what to do anymore. all I know is online prodfile that my benefits are exhausted.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused10 View Post
I have a question about tier 1V. I called the esc and they told me there still reprogramming until mid march.I refiled my claim. At first I got a letter saying I wasn't eligible due to insufficient base period. I went to the esc and the supervisor had to look at it. never heard nothing. Next I got a letter saying that I was approved. pull forward I guess. I keep calling the esc and they told me that i was to be added to tier 1V. so far I haven't gotten a letter about tier 1V. My benefits say they have been exhausted and since this is the second year that eb won't pull forward. so I have nothing to fall back on. when will the funds go into my account. from what they told me that I was on it. it should be mid march is this true. this has been going on for three weeks now since feb. 6th when my tier ended. I still in the dark with no answers and no money. also with the 30 day temporary extension why am I not getting that. I also have to pay an overpayment from the pull forward and said I wasn't entitled due to exhausting of benefits and it was necessary to correct my claim. I'm confused am I going to get tier 1V or not.

wow!
Sounds like a mess. Unfortunately our forum member (Jdljr)that's a rep. for ncesc is off the thread and may be permanently. He's a great source of help and knowledge in all facets of unemployment ins. ect....
Has helped most all of us and is a considerate , kind man that does this in his spare time.

I'd just be guessing at trying to help you.
However if you read back on this thread (some 90 pages) you may get some answers to your questions...?
I don't think tier 4 is in place and who knows if it will be by the end of March.
However, if you have an overpayment, I'm fairly certain from what I have been told and read that they will deduct that before you get anything else on your benefits.

Tier 4 is (UP to ) 6 weeks, depending on your original claim duration
(for you) on your first benefit year.
I believe you'd recieve 50% of the weeks you recieved on tier 3 .
So say if you recieved 26 weeks for your original UI then you'd "probably" have gotten around 13 weeks on tier 3 and possibly (up) to 6 weeks on tier 4.

The 30 day extension (date) was extending the cutoff date from Feb 28th to April 1st.
Had to wait until the Senate all voted it through.
Everyone, as of now has had to finish their current extension to move ahead with more extensions ... now by April 1st.

If you call the remote center in Raleigh and ask to speak with a supervisor, about your (over payment amouint and how that will be paid) they'll get you someone to talk to.

Like I said before this is all based on things I have read or been told, but IMO ,I don't think you'll see any of tier 4, until your over payment is taken out of that tier first.
If and when you get your tier 4, I think that may be all you can collect, since that's the final extension.

Many, many people are waiting on that tier to kick in.

Sorry, I can't help you more, hopefully somebody else will read this and have better info. for you.
(goodluck)

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 03-06-2010 at 07:48 PM..

Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I need to add something it said tier 2 on my letter. but when I went to the esc they were checking and said it looks like I went through tier 3. that's what I want to know about tier 4. how can that be why am I not getting tier 3 since it said tier 2. in other words I have to wait for tier 1V like they said. I just don't know what to do anymore. all I know is online prodfile that my benefits are exhausted.
If the tier 2 letter said (revison)at the top right., that's the same letter most all of us recieved, caused mass confusion for everyone who recieved it (ha!)
We got the letter if we had finished tier 2 or are currently in another tier it ect.... they sent it out to everyone instead of sorting out who does and does not get the letter.

That being said, an extra week was added to the tier 2, so if you collected all of it last year , then you will also have a tier 2 extra week coming to you also.

Then back to to the fact that you had an overpayment.....
They'll deduct that from everything you have coming to you, until you have funds owed to you. Keep filing online or by phone every week no matter what.
Possibly they've taken your overpayment out of the extra tier 2 week and then when tier 4 does kick in everything may be straightened out for you., depends on how much of an overpayment you have ..?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 AM

correction on my post see I'm getting more confused. At first I got a letter saying I was ineligible due to insufficient funds. So I went to the esc and the supervisor had to look at it. I heard nothing. then came the 2nd letter said I was approved. but I had all ready been to the esc from the first letter 2 days before I got the 2nd letter. It takes a week before you get a letter mailed. I haven't been denied cause I haven't received a letter for tier 4 not yet anyway. they told me that I was added, but I just don't know. what concerns me ,this is a completely seperate thing my determination of overpayment wording. that I wasn't entitled. the benefits occurred because an adjustment was made that was necessary to correct your claim. so did they deny me or not for tier 4 all I know is one of the operators at esc had to send it to raleigh and they were to send it back to them to reopen. he never did say that it was reopened yet. he just told me that I was on it and everything is fine they wouldn't tell me wrong would they. I'm just worried to death. I have no active issues on my claim just keeps saying 0 money.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:25 AM

the overpayment states they will just deduct up to 50% what's due at a time. I just don't want to talk to no one else just deduct.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 AM

yes it was a revision on the second letter that was approved. but like I said I went to the esc before I got the second letter. so I haven't got a letter of not being approved so is everything all right like the operators said. It would seem that with the over payment letter that another monietarly letter would follow if I was denied right. I just think too much got me real worried here...

Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 AM

did anyone file for weekly certification today. I went to file after 12 noon. It still has the week ending 2/27/10. at the end it says the week you are trying to file has all ready been claimed on another benefit year. how come they didn't update for the week on 3/6/10 or 3/7/10. Is there another glitch. so I can't file for the week. how in the world are you going to get paid when you can't file for the week.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
did anyone file for weekly certification today. I went to file after 12 noon. It still has the week ending 2/27/10. at the end it says the week you are trying to file has all ready been claimed on another benefit year. how come they didn't update for the week on 3/6/10 or 3/7/10. Is there another glitch. so I can't file for the week. how in the world are you going to get paid when you can't file for the week.
whew!
this is way out of my realm, maybe somebody else will read this and be able to give you some good correct advice
I did file today, I'm just starting my 2nd benefit year.

I'm only guessing that your message you get when you try to file has been "claimed on another benefit year", is refering possibly to, tiier 4. Your waiting on that, as are thousands of people in NC.

"Our state" doesn't have tier 4 al lin place yet, but hopefully will by the end of the month.
Your tier 4 is from your >first year<, a pull forward .,so that must be the message.
I suppose you'll get the overpayments taken out at 50% increments when you start getting that.
I know your worn out from calling Raleigh, however I'd still give them another call in the morning.

Ask them straight out, DO I GET tier 4 when it's in place ?
BECAUSE I have an overpayment and I need to know how that will be taken care of. If it's simple,(From my experience) they'll get you your answer.
Your tier 4 will only be (UP) to 6 weeks and then minus the overpayment. I wish you luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina