Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,261 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm Allen. I have read quite a few threads and posts on here but can't seem to find the answers to my questions. So here goes.
When I filed me weekly certification today I saw the message that I had 2 or less weeks remaining. This is the initial 26 week Uncle. I am not sure if I am eligible for euc08 or not. I have been all over the net trying to figure it out and everything is so outdated it just adds to my confusion. Can I even enter into tier 1 at this time or have I missed the cutoff date? I read somewhere that I had to be collecting euc08 before now to continue to collect it, I can't remember the dates and the fine print, as I said all the contradicting info I have read gets very confusing. Everyone else seems to be asking questions about higher tier. Can any one shed some light on my situation as it would ease some anxiety. I will be grateful for any answers I can get.
Thanks in advance,
Allen

Last edited by allen227; 06-24-2012 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: so i could subscribe for instant email notifications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
I was just going to ask bev perdue to make my house payment since my unemployment got cut. I have been looking for a job for over a year and a half. I got fired from my last job because of gossip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that bull ****. Oiles of america should be shut down, they have a drunk working for them.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 12,039 times
Allen, I can't answer your question directly but I can tell you from my experience that the simplest way to get the right answers is to go to your local Unemployment office (usually on a less crowded day like Thursday or Friday) and try talking to someone there, even the guy/gal at the front desk.
They can look your name up via your SS# and tell you a little bit more about what you MIGHT be eligible for.

I did that on several occasions when my benefits were coming to an end (each tier and than EUC and EB) and while it said on my online profile I was being cut off, the person at the front desk each time "reupped" the benefits.

The difficult thing was that it's hard for them to give you a direct answer BEFORE you time is up, but I went the day after to the Unemployment office (this time is was on the Monday after the benefits stopped) and spoke to the person at the front desk (who now knew who I was) and he "fixed" the system so that the benefits resumed onto the next tier or level of benefits.

Hope that helps and yes, it's a bad system that breeds anxiety and worry because they make it so hard to get the facts but if you take the time to befriend someone in the office (without becoming a pest) you will find it a lot easy on your nerves....

PS - I also read this board a lot but each person's benefits are different so sometimes the ONLY way to get the facts for YOUR situation is to go in to the office and ask based on your SS#...(which then calculates your benefits based on the formula's of how long you worked in the past x number of periods, how much you made, etc...)

Good luck and keep positive...

Old 07-17-2012, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 6,130 times
Hello!

I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, unless they are in to that, but I have a question about UI.

I have been on UI for a year and have freaked out every time the red message came up saying that I had "Less Than Two Weeks" remaining for benefits. After the freak out I would come here, and places like here, to try and understand just what the UMF was happening... I have read and re-read some of the posts, but have not been able to figure out what tier of what phase I was on, ever. (I never received any documents from the state informing me of this info, as I have read others have.)

I have been very concerned recently due to the fact that my benefit year was encroaching upon it's end. And it has passed. Here is what I know:

Previous Benefit Year: Ended 07/14/12

On the Claim Profile page it said that EUI was effective

Benefit amount: $136/week

Now, I re-applied online for a new claim year... And it says:

Current Status
Benefit Year Start: 07/15/2012
Benefit Year End: 07/13/2013
Claim Status: REGULAR ACTIVE CLAIM
Active Issues: No

Unemployment Insurance (UI)
UI Weekly Benefit Amount: 0.00
UI Earnings Allowance: 0.00

Deductible Pension Amount: 0.00
Child Support: No
Child Support Effective:
Child Support Amount: 0.00

Total Possible Benefits: 109.00
Benefits Paid To Date: 0.00
Balance: 109.00
Overpayments: 0.00

Taxes
Federal Tax Withheld: No
Federal Tax Effective:
State Tax Withheld: No
State Tax Effective:

Does this mean that I am screwed? (Emergency Unemployment is not even listed!?!) I kinda gathered from my readings that I was (hopefully) going to receive benefits until December, 2012. Any help would be appreciated. As you know a lot of people are depending on this to avoid homelessness. Myself included.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 6,130 times
(More Info)

(The start-date for my EUC was mid-December, 2011.)

Old 07-23-2012, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,004 times
Default Unemployment now Active issues????

Hi all,
I am on extended unemployment. Last week I had to attend a res/rea session at the esc in Charlotte. I did everything I was supposed to, turned in all my paperwork but today when I filed my weekly certification it told me it was accepted but can not be processed due to a oustanding issue. Also now under my claim profile Active Issues it says Yes..where it used to say No. Any ideas on what could be going on or am I going to have to go back & stand in line? They looked over my job search records..no one said anything was wrong..I am stumped. BTW this is the 2nd time I have had to attend a session..pisses me off. I am over 50, worked my whole life, never asked the government for one penny..now I feel like I have to constantly jump through hoops..but I did not take it out on esc..was very nice

Old 08-23-2012, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 10,670 times
I was hoping someone could tell me that they personally put internet addresses on their work search records and had no problems. About 90% of my applications are online. I call to check up on the status of my resume when possible of course. But I have a review coming up and so many of my searches are online applications. Could someone tell me whether this is acceptable? Also one of the items you're to list is the employer's name and address. I spoke to someone at the NCESC office and she said it just meant the company name but another post suggested I needed the name of the person I spoke with. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by Senelyn831; 08-23-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM

67 posts, read 210,691 times
Question Pending Eligibility Ruling?

This is a very helpful thread

I receive this message the past 2 weeks when filing my weekly unemployment cert.

Your claim for the week of 9/29/2012 has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because there is an issue on your claim pending an eligibility ruling.
A determination will be made and mailed to you and your claim will be processed accordingly

I filed again today for week ending 10/6/2012 & get the same message as above?

I still havent received the ESC debit card in the mail?

What does this message mean? Thank you

Old 10-20-2012, 01:15 PM

11 posts, read 16,538 times
Just received the IDES Benefit Payment Explanation letter. This letter states that my Benefit Year Ending date is 5/14/2013. This letter also states the following:

You have now received the max amt of your current entitlement to emergency unemployment compensation (EUC08); you will be notified within 7 days if you are entitled to additional benefits under the state extended benefits program.

What does that exactly means?

My Date of claim for the EUCO8 program is 5/13/2012. Last Day Worked was 5/18/2011.

Mortgage is due and no work to be found. I just need to know what are my options other then find a job!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 10,001 times
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to pose this question:

I was awarded UI benefits in June of this year and collected until late August. I got a job and moved from Charlotte, NC to South Carolina. Today, I was told I wasn't a good fit for them and thus, am once again unemployed.

Am I able to go back to getting UI from NC? I filed again... just wondering if anyone had the experience of getting and losing a job. Having spent every penny I'd saved to move and get a place here, I am a super freaked not having a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina