Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertNC View Post
I filed today, like I've been doing for the last several weeks, but today's message states that the week I've filed has already been claimed on another benefit year. What's that all about?
When did your benefit year end?
You may need to open a new claim .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM

10 posts, read 21,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
When did your benefit year end?
You may need to open a new claim .
my benefit year doesn't end until june or july. I'm awaiting tier 4 and thats it for me Of course, now I've got a letter stating that I wasn't even qualified during the last HR5438(?) extension, and I have to pay all that back on account I worked 2 weeks for a temp. agency. Sucks.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM

29 posts, read 57,844 times
... RobertNC - if you worked and didn't account for it when filing your weekly certification, then of course - when you get caught - you've got to pay it back - what do you expect? and... i don't know about anyone else, but the posts from a certain individual (i think you know to whom i'm referring) - kinda predictably sardonic, self-absorbed in negativity, tinged in 'attack mode'... and tired - for those who agree w/this assessment, why not just ignore and not give credence to those level of posts??

Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertNC View Post
my benefit year doesn't end until june or july. I'm awaiting tier 4 and thats it for me Of course, now I've got a letter stating that I wasn't even qualified during the last HR5438(?) extension, and I have to pay all that back on account I worked 2 weeks for a temp. agency. Sucks.
So your trying to file your certification for your tier 4?
I'm guessing that's why it won't let you file., they haven't started payments for tier 4 and the system must already have certifications on you that your waiting for it.....Hmmmm?
Then again you may not be able to collect it at all, since they're saying you have an overpayment of a whole extension's worth of money.
If I were you, I'd go in person and talk with somebody about the whole thing.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 8,537 times
Hey Folks, Does anyone know this?
If my wages match what my P-T Employeer turned in- Does it matter that a few of my weeks were off on the $ so i have added more on the last week that i claimed.
I'm sure that the end amount will be correct, but the weeks(broken down) are off. Look -I messed up but my intentions were honest. Has anyone Got hit like this?
Can somebody help me out here.
Signed,
Confused

Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker28115 View Post
If my wages match what my Employeer turned in- Does it matter that a few of my weeks were off on the $ so i have added more on the last week that i claimed.
I'm sure that the end amount will be correct, but the weeks(broken down) are off. Look -I messed up but my intentions were honest. Has anyone Got hit like this?
Signed,
Confused
Don't know if I can help you, I do know wages are reports quarterly in a lump sum. I have reported wages a few times also, but I'm not sure about the weekly breakdown questions, (sorry)
JDLJR is a rep that's on this thread alot, maybe he can give you some advice.
(Goodluck)

Old 03-14-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobegone View Post
... RobertNC - if you worked and didn't account for it when filing your weekly certification, then of course - when you get caught - you've got to pay it back - what do you expect? and... i don't know about anyone else, but the posts from a certain individual (i think you know to whom i'm referring) - kinda predictably sardonic, self-absorbed in negativity, tinged in 'attack mode'... and tired - for those who agree w/this assessment, why not just ignore and not give credence to those level of posts??
I agree

Old 03-14-2010, 05:45 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
JDJLR,
Can you tell me what a NCUI528 is?
Thanks!
Not offhand, I'll have to look into it and let you know. I know some of the form numbers (the ones I use most often) but not nearly all of them. Perhaps something to do with the employer side of things, since when I check our website it directs me to "Business Services" and requires me to login, for which I don't have an id.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:52 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker28115 View Post
If my wages match what my P-T Employeer turned in- Does it matter that a few of my weeks were off on the $ so i have added more on the last week that i claimed.
Signed,
Confused
I don't think it matters so much since wages are reported quarterly by employers. If it's just a few, I don't think it's a huge deal. If it spreads out over multiple quarters, then it may be off overall a little bit.

If you are concerned about it, you can request that the amount of wages you reported each week be changed - a rep just has to send an email to the Benefit Payment Control unit indicating the amount of wages reported during certain weeks were incorrect (reported too low or reported too high), and provide the correct number for those weeks. The low weeks may result in an overpayment, and the high week may result in an underpayment.

The best bet is for anyone to try and report accurately if they can. I realize you did so in good faith, and I wouldn't suspect that the discrepancy would be so much as to raise a red flag for an investigation.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Not offhand, I'll have to look into it and let you know. I know some of the form numbers (the ones I use most often) but not nearly all of them. Perhaps something to do with the employer side of things, since when I check our website it directs me to "Business Services" and requires me to login, for which I don't have an id.
Ok, thanks.
I tried to look it up, but didn't find anything.
Another coworker that was laid off at the same time as I was last year, has called an asked me if I had also recieved a notice of an NCUI528 to be turned into our previous employer..?
I'm clueless and haven't recieved anything in the mail concerning anything like that.
Of course I started to wonder what the form was

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina