Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 27,845 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have opinions on Anderson Creek Club in Spring Lake? It is so close to Ft Bragg that I am skeptical of the area. Most areas close to military posts are kind of shady. I know Anderson Creek Club is nice (should be with the HOA dues so high!) but is the area around it nice or is it an isolated nice area in a not so nice city? I've seen the website for it and talked to a few people who have been there and it seems so "friendly" and happy and maybe a little too much like "Pleasantville." Also, does anyone know if Highgrove at Anderson Creek which is a new construction subdivision in Spring Lake is actually part of Anderson Creek Club or not? The prices seem very reasonable for the area. We aren't ready to put our names out with a realtor or go down for a visit as we won't be moving until the end of next year. If Highgrove is actually in Anderson Creek Club, however, we may consider building and moving early before prices go up with the influx of BRAC residents in 2011. We are also considering Sanford since I wanted to be closer to Raleigh but I have a friend who is really advocating for Anderson Creek Club. I don't mind if either city is considered very rural and small- we lived in a city half the size of Sanford and it was the biggest city around within a 1-2hour drive so we are used to small towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Anderson Creek is a nice development. But is isolated in the middle of nothing. Plenty of amenities for those that want to pay for them.

Highgrove is not part of Anderson Creek. We've sold one house there and have sold four other homes in the area by the same builder. So I can talk about the builder, Savvy Homes. In fact they built our new home on the other side of Fayetteville in Braxton Farms. We moved in a month ago.

Highgrove is on Ray Road and is much closer to Post and shopping. It is also within walking distance to Overhills Middle and High School.

I would recommend a look at Highgrove. Phase one is sold out and Phase two lots are all reserved. Phase three will go fast when they open it up. If you are interested then it would be wise to keep in touch with the timeline. The sold the first 50 lots in phase one in 6 months in this years economy. They won't last long.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 16,958 times
True Anderson Creek club does have high HOA fees but with those fees you do get; dish network and high speed internet free (that is worht over $100 by itself), use of the groomed walking and exercise trails, the tennis courts, the pools (yes pools as in plural) the well stocked fishing ponds, the brightly lit streets, the multiple picnic areas, waterfalls, and the list goes on. On a seperate note, if you golf you can become a member of the David Love III golf course. Look there are many reasons to live in that community and the fact that they plan to expand with a slice of commercial attached to the south portion of the developement will minimize that in the middle of nowhere perception. It is out there a bit but it is that way for a reason. That reason would be privacy. It is a gated community with gaurds, not just an empty guardhouse so some marketing person can state that it is gated. The guards just add to the privacy and security. I have only been there once but will definately buy a home there because the layout of the community and quality of homes leave me wanting to be there.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM

31 posts, read 127,461 times
If my wife's BAH was higher and I had a job lined up, I would like to live there. I found this from a poster of Fort Bragg Life:
Quote:
Have you looked into anderson creek club. It is a gated comminity and only takes 12 minutes to Pope AF. I go to POpe alot ( great playground) and use it as a cut through to get to Bragg. You dont even have to go into Spring Lake. You take 87 to manchester rd and make a right onto manchester and that takes you staight into Pope. There are only 2 24 hour gates and that is Pope manchester and Reily Bragg gate. If you are going to work at Pope then you need to live north not in Fayetteville because with traffic uf you live in fayetteville it will take you like 45 minutes to over a hour to get home. www.andersoncreekclub.com It is so easy to get to Pope and Bragg. Hope that helps and the 12 minutes to Pope is real time driving.
I don't know if this helps much...

Old 02-14-2010, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 26,964 times
You will get far more house for the money at Highgrove. Granted, you get amenities at Anderson Creek Club, but in addition, you also have sky-rocketed HOA fees. Also, yes, they have a golf course, but just like any course, there are fees to use it, that are not included in your HOA fees - they are separate. I have a friend that lives there, and the internet and cable always go out, and no, you cannot change cable/internet companies. You also have no control over your landscaping. If that's your thing, then go for it. Also, at Anderson Creek Club, you may pay over $200,000 for an 1800sqft home, where at Highgrove, that money will get you about 3,000sqft. I live in Highgrove and I absolutely love it. I would not ever trade it for Anderson Creek Club.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:58 AM

15 posts, read 46,408 times
It is beautiful in the community of Anderson Creek Club! You do get what you pay for. There are other gated golf communities in the Sanford and Fayetteville area but they do not offer as much as Anderson Creek Club does. All I can say about the area around it is it is "rural" so you will see a little of everything. Highgrove is near it the homes have a lot of square footage if that is what you need but no amenities. Have you ever done a Google earth search? That may be helpful to you.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 27,845 times
Thanks for the responses. My husband visited Anderson Creek Club a few weeks ago and loved it and really wants to move there. "It's the lifestyle," right? And it doesn't help that he knows several people who are moving there already. There's a charter school in Vass, NC, however, that I would really like our kids to be able to attend and mapquest says that it would be about a 45min drive from Anderson Creek Club. Does anyone who lives in the area know if that is an accurate driving time estimate? I've been looking into places closer to Vass now and I'm not finding much. There's Woodlake, but I can't find much information about it and it doesn't seem to have the same community feel as Anderson Creek and not so much worth the country club premium. My husband is really interested in a gated community but I am not so sure I want to deal with a big HOA again.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:48 AM

1 posts, read 13,579 times
Default High Grove at Anderson Creek

Does anyone know when phase III actually starts? My husband and I have been looking at the homes, but want to wait for the next phase. I feel like if we are buying we should get what we want, not what someone is rushing to get us into. Thanks.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 26,964 times
Default Phase III

Phase III has already been well on its way; they are actually already selling Phase IV, according to their website. You could check out a couple of websites for the next phases: LWS Homes - Proud to offer New Home Communities in Fayetteville, North Carolina. At the top, click on "New Home Communities, then scroll down. In the middle of the page, there will be a map, and on the left it will have Highgrove at Anderson Creek in the list. Click on that; a box will pop up in the map section; click on "view available properties." On the next page, click "View Available Properties" again. This will give you a list of all available homes. Granted, the majority are already taken, but you can get a realistic idea of the homes. The next website is New homes in Raleigh / Fayetteville NC. Once the page pulls up, there is a photo of the state. For Highgrove, click on the middle red circle, then click on Highgrove at Anderson Creek on the right-hand side. This will provide you with quite a bit of information on all the floor plans available, square footage, rooms/bathrooms, etc... Now, they're also offering up quite a bit of closing costs, which they only offered a small amount when we purchased our home. I hope this helps you.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 13,166 times
You cannot compare these two on the same level. Anderson Creek homes are worth more than Highgrove homes. The 3/2 home in Highgrove is not as upscale as an Anderson Creek home. There is a reason ACC homes appraise for more. The builders in this community are held to a much higher standard and it shows when you step into an ACC home. The attention to detail throughout the entire house, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms, is what sets these apart from the competitors. Anyone who knows real estate understands that the kitchen and bathrooms sell the house. This also has a lot to say for resale value. If you want a cheaper house then by all means go buy one in Highgrove. You will get a cheaper house. God knows there is well over 2000 other homes in the exact same category with the exact same to offer as Highgrove for sale around the Bragg area. There are very few homes in this area that can compare to Anderson Creek homes.

In regards to the "isolated in the middle of nothing", yes it is. If you want the crime and tons of people with their ridiculously loud vehicles including the yoo-hoo car (If you've seen it you know what I mean and are laughing right now) then move closer to town. Anderson Creek is a quiet place. Lets face it folks, the grand town of Fayetteville has not much to offer other than an older mall and some "new" Wal-marts. If shopping and fine dining is what you want then make the drive to Raleigh.

To address the "the internet and cable always go out" comment, this community is hardwired with fiber optic cable and provides internet speeds that cannot be matched by Highgrove. The outage is because this community is still growing which means more fiber optic lines need to be added and you can only do that while the system is down. Again, this really only applies if you live in an area that is still under construction.

In the end it comes down to price range and what you can afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina