Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2006, 11:52 AM

29 posts, read 244,752 times

Advertisements

Hi.

Me and my husband are coming to the area this month, and we could use any suggestions as to what is better Raleigh or Charlotte. We can't seem to decide. We're looking to relocate to the area eventually, in about a year or so, but we're totally torn between those two. We live currently in Milwaukee, WI, and we hate the weather in the winter. But of all the research I have done on all warmer cities in the US, these 2 seem to be the best. Just which one???? I wish they were closer together.......thanks for any suggestions!

Another big question is: which areas should we stay away from? that is the problem of travelling where you've never been (espeically since we'll be driving 15hrs.....) but i dont' wanna end up in some area where i'm not really gonna be wanted.....

Last edited by aleksandra33; 04-07-2006 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 PM

291 posts, read 1,782,105 times
Hi, I also have been debating between Raleigh-Charlotte- and Wilmington.
I have been to Wilmington twice for a week and loved it. I spent 3 days in the Raleigh area and liked it as well. Looking on URL removed and monster.com it seems as though Raleigh and Charlotte have more job opportunities and you get more house for the money as well. I am a distribution supervisor for a pharmaceutical company and my wife owns her own dog grooming buisness. We would be looking to open another buisness for her eventually. I would want to get enough property to breed dogs and perhaps have boarding and grooming on the premises. Any ideas for the best area?
Thankyou! Mike

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2006 at 02:51 AM..

Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times
Aleksandra,

Hello I sent you an email. You would be welcome in the Raleigh area. You don't have to worry about that. This is a wonderful place to live. I myself was scared when I first relocated to this area many years ago. I am on vacation in Conn right now visiting family but will be returning to Raleigh on Sunday evening. If you read my email you will see my contact info. lets talk next week sometime. Looking forward to talking to you.

Regards,

Debbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina