Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2006, 07:11 PM

145 posts, read 250,841 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...I have been reading the various posts for over a week now and appreciate the information...I am kinda in a tough situation...I've been a police officer for over (10) years here in Pennsylvania and was laid off last October due to the cities budget being a mess! MY family and I have really been struggling ever since. The city in which I live is about to go bankrupt. Anyway, I started looking for employment in the NC area, for the simple fact that its tough to get a job in my profession here anymore. I have always heard NC was a nice place to reside and have made a total of (3) trips to the Raleigh area for job interviews. I have a standing job offer with the Cary, NC PD and it seems so far like a good department to work for. My wife and I almost placed a deposit on a home in the Holly Springs area, Braxton Village to be exact, and pulled out at the last minute after researching the school situation in Wake County. I am not here to point fingers, I'm sure the school district is good and alot of folks are happy with it, we just opted to look elsewhere for a better fit for our initial move. My wife is flying into Raliegh this upcomming week to research the Clayton NC area. It APPEARS that this area may be a better fit for me and my family. We don't need all the hustle and bustle, just good schools and a nice neighborhood to live in where are kids can be raised with no worries. I won't pretend that I am from NC or very knowledgable about the area, I respect the opinions of those who have lived and work there for years. Any last minute advise would be much appreciated. By the way, the posts about the snakes scare me, to be honest! I don't like those things...Is it safe for your kids to play in the yard? Thanks again for all who reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 08:02 PM

152 posts, read 476,837 times
Check your messages.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,594,056 times
Clayton is in Johnston County. Johnston county schools WISH they were wake county schools for the most part. I would suggest looking into Chapel Hill. It's more expensive; but it's the best school district in the state (one of the VERY few that has a city-wide instead of county-wide school district). Where in PA do you live now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina