Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 17,372 times

Advertisements

Hello , looking for person's who have relocated to the Tioga ND area via job offer w/ Key energy services,would like to know if the Relo package offered to you was sufficient enough to let's say land on your feet? Or was it a whole reimbursement merry go round? In short B4 I accept job offer would like to know how they dispurse relo finances ,were you subject to a cap limit etc., I know the living/working conditions are brutal there but hey the salary offer is in my "world" is Awesome so I'd be willing to relo couple years to get the job done. Been driving OTR 5yrs straight all 48 so really don't have ties that hold me down, however I do own a home several vehicles etc.,just want to make sure they/ Key energy are up front/honest BC its gonna cost a Pretty Penny to relo, anywayz if there's anyone here w/ KEY energy services who was relocated I'd really Appreciate your time/info/advice/warnings etc., Thank You in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:47 AM

979 posts, read 3,668,943 times
Sorry no one has posted in response to your post yet. I do not know anything about the relocation packages, but know Key energy has been around Williston for many many years. They are currently building a branch facility along highway 2 outside of Tioga. Which is probably where you will be working. Good Luck in your new adventure in ND.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM

4 posts, read 17,372 times
Smile 10-4 Driver!

Just want to thank ya 4 ur time/response, B safe, Keep Rolln, God Bless!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
I don't know about Key's relocation package. Sorry! But I'm pretty sure that whatever they offer you they will actually give you if that's what you're worried about. Plus, anything that they don't reimburse cost wise you can deduct on your taxes as long as you keep your receipts. So KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! Lol, sorry but my husband tossed the fuel receipts from driving the U-Haul up here, I was so irritated.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:26 PM

7 posts, read 33,999 times
Default key energy

I did the whole thing last june,training was in texas but I hear they do it in tioga now,here is the scoop on the show.high turnover rate when they got a new manager [Mod cut], changed hours from 70 to 48 per week killed the overtime.the supervisers are some of the worse ive seen 30 years pushing a truck.You could do what alot of peaple do and get your training and move on-power fuels is good start.thr eres alot of money to be made there but you have to remember its ND please feel free to ask me more.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 06-04-2011 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: No names please, liability issues.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac50 View Post
I did the whole thing last june,training was in texas but I hear they do it in tioga now,here is the scoop on the show.high turnover rate when they got a new manager [Mod cut], changed hours from 70 to 48 per week killed the overtime.the supervisers are some of the worse ive seen 30 years pushing a truck.You could do what alot of peaple do and get your training and move on-power fuels is good start.thr eres alot of money to be made there but you have to remember its ND please feel free to ask me more.
That's part of the business. Management in general sucks around here, they're pulling in guys from all over the country to manage locations for most companies and most of these guys aren't making it. I know several good companies where they have high turnover rates with their managers and supervisors.

I think the primary factor is whether or not people can hack it. I think a lot of people come up here thinking "ya... I can do this", then they get here and they can't. They tend to blame the companies instead of realizing that this type of work is definitely not for everyone.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 PM

7 posts, read 33,999 times
Default key energy

gee i'm sorry you must have worked for key like he asked. the good companys keep the peaple , if you bring managers up from texas and they turn it into a preschool things turn bad. p.s I still work up here .

Last edited by jimmymac50; 06-11-2011 at 08:00 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 12,136 times
i have an offer from key energy, but i heard that they backed their hours down from 70 to 48. it wouldnt be worth the relocation if you can only work48 per week. is this true, and if so, what company offers 70+ a week with good benifits?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:07 PM

80 posts, read 272,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog52 View Post
i have an offer from key energy, but i heard that they backed their hours down from 70 to 48. it wouldnt be worth the relocation if you can only work48 per week. is this true, and if so, what company offers 70+ a week with good benifits?
What are they paying?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 12,136 times
Default Key Energy

They are paying $21.75 hr day shift and $2.00 more for night shift, along with time and 1/2 after 40 hr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota