Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2006, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,267 times

Advertisements

Would like any info on pembina river valley and bottineau area for possible relocation . My wife is currently a gov. employee and could transfer to region and I am currently outfitter and taxidermist who specializes in bear hunts in both canada and northern maine. I have a great passion for whitetails and would like to buy some ground and relocate to area to run outfit for whitetails and do taxidermy. I am drawn to these to areas as they seem timbered and look like good whitetail habitat. Can anyone give me any info or help? Also would be interested in doing a swap hunt with someone from either area.We are used to severe winters as we avg. 120 inches of snow and extreme cold temps .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 04:04 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,007,067 times
I can help you out some....I dont hunt....but I do live in the Grand Forks ND/MN area....and have in-laws who live in the town of Bottineau. As well I have travelled enough in the area to know about topography. The areas you talk about....

Pembina valley Gorge is a narrow area west of Walhalla ND... see the link below from the USGS abou the Pembina River

http://nd.water.usgs.gov/photos/reso...binariver.html

Outside of the immediate river valley....the land is farm land with groups of trees. Deer like the farm fields to feed...but outisde of the pembina river valley itself the area is way more open than tree covered.

Bottineau itself is in a flat area with cropland all surrounding it (except to the north) as if you go north and littlte east you will run into Turtle Mountains which is heavily forested. See this link again from the ND USGS site http://www.state.nd.us/ndgs/ndnotes/ndn15-h.htm

Hunting is very popular in the entire area...so your business could work out. Dont know what you are looking for in particular but hope above helps some.

Winters are on average a bit colder than northern Maine....but not too much different. There is less snowfall...averages in that area would be 50-60 inches...highest in the Turtle Mountains.

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota