Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 8,009 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am a student in search of an affordable (cheap) & near UND campus apartment! Let's say in the $500 a month or less range! I am originally from Wisconsin and intend to move to Grand Forks while attending UND for my major in Norwegian & International Studies. However, I am currently studying in Norway and am unable to scope out Grand Forks thoroughly before starting school this Fall 2008!
Any information given would be extremely appreciated!
Thank you for your time!

Last edited by lil'lulu; 06-11-2008 at 07:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
I work just west of the campus and although I havent lived in any apartments near UND I can try to shed some light on ways to search for what you may want. I do know two of the more popular ones just northwest of campus (right off N 42nd Street and 6th Ave N) are Gallery Apartments and Park Place Apartments. For 1 Br or efficiencies rents there I think are right around 500 or maybe just a tad below. I am not sure about the others but there are lots of older apartment buildings in the area from 6th Ave N to Gateway and between University Ave on the west and Columbia on the east.

Most apartments in GF are managed by real estate companies...very few have on-site management...although each complex would have an on-site manager if you will for contact/maintenance info, but for rental info you would have to contact the management company. Here is a list of companies...

Property Management in Grand Forks, ND

Alerus Property Mangement, Goldmark, Elite Property Management are the big ones in town. I suggest calling one of these to get started or do a search for Gallery or Park Place ph numbers.

I also suggest looking at the local newspaper GF Herald as they have a nice site to get all the classified listings in the paper for rentals.

ApartmentsHQ is your headquarters for Red River Valley area apartments

There are a lot of new apartments going up in town...so rentals are much easier to come by then in the past. Since I havent lived in any complex cannot recommend or not recomment any.

I hope this helps start the search.

Dan

Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,009 times
Talking Thank You So Much!

Thank you so much for replying so fast with so much good advice! I will be (have been) looking into your suggestions - I sure do hope something works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota