Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 PM

20 posts, read 62,481 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have already found 100 reasons to relocate to the Minot area this fall, but have hit a bump in the road. Seems near impossible to find apartments that take pets (small dog). We need to find an apartment while we house hunt. IMM Properties don't take pets. Are there other property management companies there that simply aren't listed on the internet?

katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:11 AM

Nothing? Bummer - thanks anyway!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Hi sorry if this is too late...

But SMC is one of the largest real estate property management companies in Minot. Try here or at least they might can lead you to someplace.

Signal Management Corporation - Â*Your home-sweet-home awaits...

But I quickly checked and all I saw was no pets.. Might need to try rent by owner in the Minot paper or wait til you arrive and drive around town to find the un-advertised apartments for rent. But being that housing can be tough to find in Minot this year it may be a tough road ahead.

Although my location says East Grand Forks MN I visit Minot frequently due to in-laws there.

Dan

Old 07-17-2009, 01:57 PM

309 posts, read 991,472 times
I find it hard to believe that a military town wouldn't have pets allowed policy. Everyone I've lived in, I never had a problem with pets.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info - how about extended-stay motels? Just need a place long enough to buy a home.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:09 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbowlin08 View Post
Thanks for the info - how about extended-stay motels? Just need a place long enough to buy a home.
There aren't any extended say motels in the area....I mean specifically for extended stays. You've got a Fairfield...Sleep Inn (with water park) and Comfort Inn all right very close to the mall and eating areas. I did a check at Comfort and Sleep Inn accept pets (up to 25 lbs).

http://www.extendedstaynetwork.com/Search/SearchCity.cfm?SearchFor=Minot%20ND%20US%20::CITY: : (broken link)

I still think maybe one way to go is to contact one of the rental companies or even a realtor and then inquirer about your situation and see what they know. Maybe they can lead you to something else that is not on the web. I know just driving around Grand Forks there are several homes for rent, etc that are just never advertised except by just putting a sign out.

If the 25 lb limit is too small...then might have to try that route.

Good luck with your move. My wife grew up in Minot and went to the catholic and public schools and to MSU and my brother in law is a Minot firefighter/EMT so I have been through town a bit...but never "lived" there.

Dan

Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 AM

Thank you so much. We are both looking forward to the move. I grew up/spent 42 years in central MN, hubby grew up in Shreveport. We met 7 years ago in Atlanta, moved to VA a year ago, but have decided it's time to head north. It'll take a bit to get use to the snow again, but hubby is excited about it!!
Thanks again, everyone!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:51 AM

138 posts, read 305,037 times
Hey kbowlin08 check out craigslist an apartments.com

Old 07-19-2009, 10:55 AM

138 posts, read 305,037 times
Hey if all fells google an that should open up other windows apartments for rent in Minot

Old 07-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Cool - didn't even think about them. Heard there's a lot of scamming going on there, but hopefully can tell early on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota