Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:45 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I won't go into detail on the job. Don't want to jinx it. But it's with a federal agency. Nothing sexy.
Fair enough!! I was just asking because there are ALOT of federal jobs up here. My husband is a Federal Officer, so...just curious..not trying to be nosey!! My apologies if I came accross that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 02:41 PM

205 posts, read 729,488 times
We have been researching the Bismarck area recently as a place to live. Does Bismarck-Mandan have a public transportation system?

Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 PM

158 posts, read 1,084,751 times
Default Catch the CAT

There is a bus system. It is called the CAT. So catch the CAT. I don't recall the fee but it is very small. It has limited stops in town. The town isnt that big to get around.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:44 PM

11 posts, read 33,526 times
Default Bismarck

beautiful
cheap
nice

I grew up in Minot, ND, 60 miles north of Bismarck, and I had an aunt who lived there so I visited often. I have always thought that it is beautiful there, and if you like the outdoors you won't be bored. It is close to Lake Sakakawea and the badlands, and the schools are great. Just don't expect exciting night life or clubs, life there is slow paced for sure. I love it though, and the schools are great. If there were more job opportunities there we would love to move back to ND!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,336,177 times
hey cold_eh

no worries, i just found out they have up to 90 days to make selections, schedule interviews, conduct them, and hire... ugh -- same policy for the jobs I applied for in MT (Great Falls and Missoula)

so it will be a while

i'll let yall know if I'm headed that way. i'll probably need some scoop on good areas for a rental place. for now though, my job chances look a little better back east where they're always in a hurry to get new people on board.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
Growing, Pretty, Busy

Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 PM

213 posts, read 1,087,595 times
Default did you get the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahler3 View Post
University of Georgia. I'm a music professor there and I have an interview at the University of Mary coming up. Know anything about it?

My wife's from Minneapolis so she's very excited at the idea of getting back to the midwest!
Hey--I was just hired as Assistant Professor (English) at MSUM (in Moorhead MN). I know how slow the hiring process can be in academia! Did you get the job?

I currently live in St Cloud, MN, and a friend's daughter attends University of Mary. She'll be a junior this fall, and she absolutely loves it there. She likes the size of the student body and that it's a bit isolated from the actual city. She says it helps keep her on task (studying instead of being distracted with other things to do). She also likes that she was able to declare a major (physical therapy) as a first year student and start to take classes towards that major right away. Oh--and she also loves the rolling hills and beauty of the area.

Did you get an on-campus interview? What did you think?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Snowland, Congratulations!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 AM

634 posts, read 2,922,880 times
Skinny
Thin
But not Anorexic

Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,479 times
I lived in Bismarck for two years, and it's a pretty nice town. It's considerably easier on the eyes than Fargo, albeit smaller. It's growing at a really good rate right now, though. It's also somewhat warmer in the southwestern quarter of the state, so although Bismarck may be colder than a lot of other places in the USA, it's a fair bit milder than much of ND. Also, the climate is a bit drier than other parts of the state, so summers are more tolerable (although it does get hotter there temp-wise).

My sister went to the University of Mary, and she liked it quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota