Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,242 times

Advertisements

Hallo. My wife and I will be moving to North Dakota soon. She's drives but I do not. The NDDOT website says that I get an State Issued ID at a "automated driver license site" but it doesn't list where those sites are or how they differ from non-automated sites. Do we have to got to two different places to get our IDs? Can someone explain how this works. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbt1 View Post
Hallo. My wife and I will be moving to North Dakota soon. She's drives but I do not. The NDDOT website says that I get an State Issued ID at a "automated driver license site" but it doesn't list where those sites are or how they differ from non-automated sites. Do we have to got to two different places to get our IDs? Can someone explain how this works. TIA.
I was a ND resident for several years before moving across the river to Minnesota. But you only need to go one place for both. I personally am not sure what the automated sites mean....but I do know some states are setting up computers to help people renew without having to wait in line to talk to a person. To be sure....find the license center closest to where you will move and call.

http://www.dot.nd.gov/divisions/driverslicense/docs/1042.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,418 times
if you come to Minot, it is located in the Arrowhead Shopping Mall on the corner of 2nd Av SW and 16th St SW.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:05 PM

163 posts, read 584,097 times
When I moved to Minot a few years ago all I had to do was hand them my washington DL and they handed me a ND license.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:44 PM

54 posts, read 182,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonRM View Post
When I moved to Minot a few years ago all I had to do was hand them my washington DL and they handed me a ND license.
Wow, that is nice. I had to have my old MS license plus my birth certificate PLUS my marriage license to get a ND drivers license. It took two trips since I dont keep my marriage license lying around.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:41 PM

59 posts, read 234,119 times
i wonder why you have to have a marriage license too?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmeyerw View Post
i wonder why you have to have a marriage license too?
Second form of ID???? I know they accept it as a second form here in Wyoming.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM

They told me I had to have my marriage license, due to the fact that my name was different than on my birth certificate. I have also been divorced once so the name still didnt match!! I was complaining about this to another woman and the state she got a new id in required divorce papers as well!!! Crazy and a bit sexist!!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:31 AM

231 posts, read 736,265 times
You're looking for conflict if you think insisting on accurate identification from a person who has changed their name is sexist. It's perfectly reasonable.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:55 PM

I am not an anyway looking for conflict. I already had a state issued DL from MS in my current married name. My DL and social security matched, the need for a birth certificate as well as a marriage certificate seems a bit much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota