Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe people think .38 is too much to pay for a service, online or not. My goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 PM

267 posts, read 765,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I cannot believe people think .38 is too much to pay for a service, online or not. My goodness.
Not that $.38 is too much, I just like free things

Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM

177 posts, read 467,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca resident View Post
Yes. Too expensive for online reading. Already paying $20+ to access the Internet each month, what if WNEP started charging you watch local news broadcast on top of your cable bill. I know it is far fetched. But don't mean it can't happen
Poor analogy! Many online sites that provide a service have subscriptions.

Jim

Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM

177 posts, read 467,003 times
Quote:
Not to single you out, but others in this forum think they should get this service for free...and, when they can't, they criticize the PR. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, and these naysayers owned the PR, what would they do? I never saw so many belly achers.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,446 times
LOLOLOLOLOL...that's a good one.
I don't know how the Record got so swelled up with themselves
but I wouldn't line my birdrcage with that rag.
Let alone pay to see it online.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
38 CENTS?! How dare they!
People who already subscribe to the paper itself probably aren't going to subscribe to the online addition anyway. I read the CV and rarely go to their website unless I'm looking to reference something on a forum like this. If they added online subscription I'd pass.

People who do not subscribe to the paper already have very little interest in it. These people will not pay the fee either.

They are going to get very little revenue from this and any revenue they were getting from online advertising will dry up. I know if I was paying for advertising on that site I'd just drop it because there is going to be no traffic.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:

It's not really free because they get paid by advertisers, you're cost is having to wade through the ads. They use the same model for the physical newspaper because it cost a heck of lot more produce than what the consumer pays.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
People who already subscribe to the paper itself probably aren't going to subscribe to the online addition anyway. I read the CV and rarely go to their website unless I'm looking to reference something on a forum like this. If they added online subscription I'd pass.

People who do not subscribe to the paper already have very little interest in it. These people will not pay the fee either.

They are going to get very little revenue from this and any revenue they were getting from online advertising will dry up. I know if I was paying for advertising on that site I'd just drop it because there is going to be no traffic.

Wellll....depends on the person. We have a 7-day subscription to the hard copy Times Leader. We STILL check the online edition and we would be willing to pay for it.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
I'd rather pay for something that's worth what they're asking...the Pocono Wreckerd doesn't meet that...the NY Times, WSJ, Financial Times, or CNN it is not!!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
I'd rather pay for something that's worth what they're asking...the Pocono Wreckerd doesn't meet that...the NY Times, WSJ, Financial Times, or CNN it is not!!

Fine. That is the choice as a consumer. But please don't act as if PR is soooooooooooo out of the realm of reality to actually request payment for a service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania