Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I watched the debate with hubby and thought the EXACT OPPOSITE. LOL I thought Barletta was pandering to fearful Americans IRT healthcare and immigration while Kanjo was upfront and steadfast in his beliefs. Success is in the eye of the beholder, eh?

my take also--his stand on immigrants repulses me as obviously he points to that for hazelton's troubles to take the focus off his poor management skills

Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:

If Barletta gets in, this area will be in a whole lotta trouble. Kiss any improvement projects good bye. He won't be able to do ANYTHING as a freshman senator.
This is a good thing, maybe not for this area but it's a good thing and I certainly can go off on a rant about this but I don't want to see the topic get locked. It's people like Kanjorski that continually get voted back into office like this that have this country in the condition it is today.

BTW it's not a Senate seat.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
my take also--his stand on immigrants repulses me as obviously he points to that for hazelton's troubles to take the focus off his poor management skills
Correction, his stand on illegal immigrants repulses you. What's wrong with expecting people to follow the law?

If you don't think illegals impose a very large burden on local services, schools and services you're being naive. Don't want to go off topic on this either but do a search for "immigration gumballs" on youtube, it's quite an eye opening presentation. Make sure you view the full 15 minutes.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:30 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is a good thing, maybe not for this area but it's a good thing and I certainly can go off on a rant about this but I don't want to see the topic get locked. It's people like Kanjorski that continually get voted back into office like this that have this country in the condition it is today.

BTW it's not a Senate seat.
This AMAZES me. We had a Republican president and a Republican congress for almost a decade yet it's the liberal's fault for the shape of the country. Simply amazing.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Correction, his stand on illegal immigrants repulses you. What's wrong with expecting people to follow the law?

If you don't think illegals impose a very large burden on local services, schools and services you're being naive. Don't want to go off topic on this either but do a search for "immigration gumballs" on youtube, it's quite an eye opening presentation. Make sure you view the full 15 minutes.
Of course they do. But I am a bleeding heart humanist that thinks lines on a map are just that - lines on a map.

These people are fleeing abject poverty and looking for a better life. Methinks you haven't a clue of the immigration minefield of the US.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:34 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Of course they do. But I am a bleeding heart humanist that thinks lines on a map are just that - lines on a map.

These people are fleeing abject poverty and looking for a better life. Methinks you haven't a clue of the immigration minefield of the US.
Maybe they're fleeing poverty, but that does not give them the right to come and take money from Americans via all the government handouts they soak up. Maybe we could better take care of our own if so much wasn't going to illegal aliens. If they're living in such poverty, why don't people hold the Mexican (or whatever other country) government responsible....why is it our problem?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
This AMAZES me. We had a Republican president and a Republican congress for almost a decade yet it's the liberal's fault for the shape of the country. Simply amazing.
What amazes me is that all the Democrats can do is blame Bush and the Republicans for our problems....yet when the economy was doing better under Clinton, the Democrats take full responsibility (nevermind the fact that for most of Clinton's presidency there was a Republican majority in Congress). Why don't the Democrats follow their own logic and give George H.W. Bush credit for the prosperity of the 90s?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I don't recall stating it was just Democrats that have been in Congress for decades that need to go. Any of them that have been there for any length of time need to be put out to pasture. I'm a firm believer in term limits, we need to get new blood in Washington for many reasons including the reason you already stated.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:

If you want a minefield watch this presentation. Keep in mind this presentation is about legal immigrants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Here's the original and much longer presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyTmC...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ppao...eature=related

Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Back to NEPA politics please..... There's a whole forum on city data about illegal immigration if you'd like to talk about that. //www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania