Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 06:23 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times

Advertisements

There’s no thrill in this kind of kill OPINION Bill Nemitz | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre & Scranton PA (http://www.timesleader.com/sports/There_rsquo_s_no_thrill_in_this_kind_of_kill_OPINI ON_Bill_Nemitz_03-02-2011.html - broken link)

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 AM

996 posts, read 1,057,798 times
They are low-life scumbags..

It is about time the State legislature upped the ante on the charges and fines associated with poaching. I believe the PGC can also confiscate the vehicles and guns of the poachers.

If that bird is a federally protected species - federal charges will apply and a MUCHO Fine will be levied...

I have no tolerance for poachers.

I have the Pa Fish Commission & Game Commission 800 hotline #'s in my cell phone - as well as the local WCO and Fish Warden direct #'s in my cell phone.

In the last year:

I have called in suspicous activity, helped bust a poacher by blocking the end of a state forest road with my vehicle while the WCO was en route after my phone call.

I have kicked a 5 gallon bucket (full of crappies and bluegills that two numbskulls illegally netted in shallow spawn waters) back into the lake and threathened to drown the idiots if they ever returned with their ATV (with or without evil poaching intentions).

I can "feel the love" of a couple of local hayseeds that had a nasty habit of catching and keeping multiple limits of trout in the same day - then stock their freezer full, only to toss away freezer burnt fish 6 months later.
(If they were dirt poor and eating the fish to feed their family, I'd turn the other cheek)

But these nitwits liked to brag it up in the bar about their advanced fishing prowness.

I let the air out of their baloon one day when I dropped a dime to the Man, after watching them make a fish run to their car trunk, then return to the river and start filling their second stringer. The Fish warden arrived where I was parked, took a look through my binoculars, then we shared a coffee while we waited for Dumb & Dumber to finish up and toss their second stringers in the trunk.

$25 per fish fine over limit- cost them a total of about $250.

That put a dent on their beer budget and beer bragging.

Poachers Suck..

Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Good for you VB!! I'm in total agreement with you. I am completely disgusted with these guys. It's really sick. And good for taking a stand on this issue!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 PM

232 posts, read 613,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post

It is about time the State legislature upped the ante on the charges and fines associated with poaching. I believe the PGC can also confiscate the vehicles and guns of the poachers.

If that bird is a federally protected species - federal charges will apply and a MUCHO Fine will be levied...

I have the Pa Fish Commission & Game Commission 800 hotline #'s in my cell phone - as well as the local WCO and Fish Warden direct #'s in my cell phone.

In the last year:

I have called in suspicous activity, helped bust a poacher by blocking the end of a state forest road with my vehicle while the WCO was en route after my phone call.

I have kicked a 5 gallon bucket (full of crappies and bluegills that two numbskulls illegally netted in shallow spawn waters) back into the lake and threathened to drown the idiots if they ever returned with their ATV (with or without evil poaching intentions).

I can "feel the love" of a couple of local hayseeds that had a nasty habit of catching and keeping multiple limits of trout in the same day - then stock their freezer full, only to toss away freezer burnt fish 6 months later.
(If they were dirt poor and eating the fish to feed their family, I'd turn the other cheek)

But these nitwits liked to brag it up in the bar about their advanced fishing prowness.

I let the air out of their baloon one day when I dropped a dime to the Man, after watching them make a fish run to their car trunk, then return to the river and start filling their second stringer. The Fish warden arrived where I was parked, took a look through my binoculars, then we shared a coffee while we waited for Dumb & Dumber to finish up and toss their second stringers in the trunk.

Poachers Suck..

Old 03-02-2011, 01:19 PM

30,547 posts, read 16,240,407 times
sitting here trying to think of some way to express my disgust, repulsion, and general lack of respect for these people. I can't.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 PM

224 posts, read 228,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post

In the last year:

Poachers Suck..
AMEN, I have to deal with the 'have 5 gal. bucket, will travel' crowd across the road from my house on the Delaware and Raritan Canal as well as the Delaware River two roads west of my house...Any fish , Imean any fish regardless of size, season, state laws, etc.that they pull out of the water ends up in the bucket...One guy was killing carp and suckers last spring with a baseball bat that he 'snagged' during out of a feeder stream with a treble hook,
I got in his face and he had the nerve to tell me it was his duty and it was a Jersey State Law that you could kill as many carp and suckers as you wanted!?? wtf?...never ratted out anyone on the job but these local yokels were as dumb as they were ugly... I called my bud at the Parks Commision and they were arrested and fined,,,I was a key witness....

In the late seventies there were two guys from Newark, looked right out of a Mafia movie...fishing the 'Delly' around Lambertville , they had black polyester shirts and were wearing wingtip leather shoes, drinking Bud, throwing their cans into the water and anything , I mean anything they caught, they stabbed and threw it in the bushes...

real sportsmen 'for shere'...

My younger bro was with me and he actually politely, asked these guys to cease and desist from their actions...they laughed at him...
We went back to my car..my bro asked me to drive into Lambertville, where he bought a 2 lb. box of sugar at Valparasios Deli, we drove back to the fishing spot and my bro poured the sugar into their Caddys gas tank...

Their carbuertor was probably a piece of Rock Candy when they hit exit 8 of the Jersey Turnpike

Last edited by coalboy; 03-02-2011 at 04:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania