Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 48,399 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any places that are conducive for outdoors weddings in the Scranton/Clarks Summit area? I grew up in the area, but have lived in VA for the last 3 years and just started doing some research.

I thought of Nay Aug or McDade, but I'm not sure how those places are looking these days!

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We're looking for something with a bit of character and maybe a garden, gazebo, etc. Also, can anyone recommend a reception site other than Scranton and Montdale Country Clubs and Genettis!?

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,657,560 times
Try The Inne of the Abingtons just outside of Clarks Summit. My friend got married there a few years back and I know they have a gazebo. The number is 570 563-1090. Actually they're located on Rt. 524(Craig Road) in Dalton. Give them a try.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
I second the Inne of the Abingtons. It's very easily-accesible from I-81 for your guests to get to, and it's in a very serene location. My sister and brother-in-law had their reception there, and a great time was had by all. They had a Fall wedding, so they also had their pictures taken at Lake Scranton with the nice canopy of oranges and reds behind them reflecting off the water---just beautiful! I wouldn't recommend the Inne of the Abingtons for a winter wedding though, as it is in a higher elevation, which could be tricky during snowy weather.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 48,399 times
Default Thank you!

Thanks for your help! I've been to too many weddings at some of the other places and I'd like to have mine somewhere else.

I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM

149 posts, read 636,341 times
I heard this place is really cool for outdoor weddings. Vendor List/Links - Friedman Farms (http://www.friedmanfarms.com/links.html - broken link) Near Dallas Pa. About 1/2 hour from Clarks Summit.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:39 PM

620 posts, read 2,055,623 times
I have been to that farm in Dallas mentioned by rcb, my niece keeps a horse there, it is a beautiful place. I saw it once set up for a wedding. The events are in the upstairs of the barn, it looked really unique and beautiful.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,068 times
How about the <Inn at Nichols Village> in Clarks Summit. www.nicholsvillage.com
They have outdoor and indoor wedding facilities. Nice place !!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:22 PM

172 posts, read 609,409 times
I'm a wedding photographer, so I would suggest booking everything now if your wedding is this summer. May-August books very quickly. For outdoor venues, you can usually hold your wedding and reception at the same location. I would suggest a late afternoon or early evening ceremony, as you will be taking your pictures around this time. Be sure the venue has plenty of shade for pictures. Book a photographer soon after you get the venue and check with him/her regarding shooting times for your pictures. I'd be happy to offer additional help, should you need it in finding a photographer. You are welcome to look at my website, available in my profile, to email me and view the weddings I've done and get some ideas about the type of pictures you may want. There are some awesome wedding photographers in PA!

Also, try these sites:
www.gettingmarriedinnepa.com
www.paweddings.com
www.pennsylvaniaweddingstoday.com

Good Luck!

Last edited by RebelPhotog; 03-22-2009 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: poor typing skills :)

Old 03-24-2009, 09:52 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,462 times
Might want to avoid the Inn at the Abingtons, heard that they were having some sort of septic problem, and that it hasn't been fixed.

Nay Aug could be an option, the pavillion was restored last year and parking and restrooms are nearby.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:31 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
I'm not familiar with this particular individual's business and am not advertising on their behalf, but as an added bonus to anyone considering this venue the newer Bartolai Winery is located just a few miles more up Route 92 from this location for a nice post-reception gathering (with assigned designated drivers, of course, or maybe even Karen could take this on as an idea to work in conjunction with Bartolai's). I've been to this store several times now, as have my parents, and we're very happy to have a place like Bartolai's so close to our Pittston home.

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 04-11-2009 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: quote to advertising/soliciting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania