Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:53 AM

22 posts, read 91,311 times

Advertisements

Trying to find out about this place anyone out there heard of it.Tried to google it without any luck.Is it a campground, moblie home park? I know its in gouldsboro looking for a summer retreat seasonal place .Thanks for any help

Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 PM

131 posts, read 604,915 times
I have a house there for little over a year and then my mother in law bought a trailer house because she liked it so much. So far i like it and she likes it. Its quiet nice, but some houses look like garbage. In a summer time its beautiful there but little dusty from the roads, swimming pool is nice. Wather is cold so prepare to spend a lot for heat.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 10,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscarpt View Post
Trying to find out about this place anyone out there heard of it.Tried to google it without any luck.Is it a campground, moblie home park? I know its in gouldsboro looking for a summer retreat seasonal place .Thanks for any help

I used to have a place there in the 1980's. It was a nice place then with mostly mobile homes. I did have a Mobile there. Sold it.
The last time I was there, it was much improved. (that was about 4 years ago) There was a bath house, etc. I looked at my old property and wished I hadn't sold it.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:28 AM

70 posts, read 311,157 times
I live in Gouldsboro.

Indian Country is an old campground where people took up permanent residence. To be honest, it has the reputation of being filled with lowlifes. The police department, when they're on, spend quite a bit of time in there.

I'd avoid it.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 10,624 times
Can anyone give me directions to get there from Main Street Gouldsboro?

Old 11-11-2010, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,626 times
I am a weekender. and not all are low lifes .. there are some who are and most not. u shouldnt post that cause there are alot of nice decent people who are not lowlifes... there are some who make others look bad but when u say lowlifes .i think u would agree that some people are nice people and not lowlifes and the ones that are not so nice should leave them in that stigma.. i been a weekender for over 10 years now ,i love indian country and well the low lifes as u put it would fit in category of trash in my book, but not everyone is a lowlife cause they have property there .. so i dont like the stigma as such sayingthe reputation of being filled with lowlifes ..i go there every weekend and never saw a cop there ,,, and as far as the people i barely ever see many and the ones i doare very nice people not lowlifes ,

Indian Country is an old campground where people took up permanent residence. To be honest, it has the reputation of being filled with lowlifes. The police department, when they're on, spend quite a bit of time in there.

I'd avoid it.[/quote]

Old 11-24-2010, 04:15 AM

11 posts, read 34,205 times
GreenEyes, while this is a bit of an old thread, I'll respond to your comment.

I think you're right - the people in Indian Country aren't ALL lowlifes. However, as a local boy from Gouldsboro, I can attest to the fact that Indian Country has the reputation of being full of lowlifes.

Deserved or not, the stigma is there. Personally, I've known my fair share of lowlifes in Indian County and Pocono Ranchettes - much more than in areas outside these two communities. On the flip side, I do know of some decent people that have called Indian Country home.

I think that, when researching an area to move to, getting the feel for the general opinion of a place from those who live nearby is an important factor. More often than not, there is some truth behind the setiment.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,283 times
I live in indian country almost all my life my family lives here too. what I don't like is the speed limit is 15 and people think that they can go faster. I am talking about some of the board members that live on my road I have cats and little cousins they can get hit I really don't like that there are people in ICC that don't pay the dues and they can use many things that we have here. I really don't like that the board members can do what they want some of the people that have houses are nice they wave to you even though that you don't know them. I don't like that they raise the dues and then they tell people in ICC. They pick on people who pays the due and they don't pick on people who don't pay. I know over the years ICC can be idiots when it comes to winter they wait to blow the roads and salt it. sometimes the roads are bad.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,915 times
Mod cut: Removed dead links

I live in indian country almost all my life my family lives here too. what I don't like is the speed limit is 15 and people think that they can go faster. I am talking about some of the board members that live on my road I have cats and little cousins they can get hit I really don't like that there are people in ICC that don't pay the dues and they can use many things that we have here. I really don't like that the board members can do what they want some of the people that have houses are nice they wave to you even though that you don't know them. I don't like that they raise the dues and then they tell people in ICC. They pick on people who pays the due and they don't pick on people who don't pay. I know over the years ICC can be idiots when it comes to winter they wait to blow the roads and salt it. sometimes the roads are bad.

Dear Noname0212,

What i don't like are people accusing board members of doing dishonest things when that is not true, my husband is a board member and he does not speed nor do any of the other board members. he has been on the board for the past 10 years so i'm not quite sure where you are getting your information from. as far as non paying members enjoying the amenities, this does not happen. i think you should actually look at what's going on around you before you go accusing dues paying members of anything.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-21-2017 at 10:58 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 03:20 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Noname posted once a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania