Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times

Advertisements

Some New things to do for everyone.

Starry Starry Nights...program at PEEC

6PM to 10PM Saturday.
The Pocono Environmental Ed. Center is hosting this.
Participants will learn about the wonders of the night sky.
Stars, Plenets and constellations ...........
As well as enjoying stories and craft activities. Admission is $5.00 , three and under are free.
Off of Route 209 North in Dingmans Ferry....

570-828-2319 or Pocono Environmental Education Center - Environmental Education in a National Park Since 1972

Fine Arts and Crafts Show free and open to the public.
At the Inn at Pocono Manor Thursday Nov 22 through Sunday Nov 25 at the Manor , route 314
Exhibits are metal, stone , stained glass, oil and pastel drawings and paintngs. ........570-997-2708
Opening reception 6PM to9PM friday Nov 23rd.

Kenny Rodgers Christmas and Hits Dec 15th at Wachovia Arena...
Welcome to Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza

Community Christmas Carol ...Sing along and" Turkey Dinner".
On December 1st at 7PM The Effort United Methodist Church is sponsoring a Community Christmas Sing along and Turkey Dinner ...on 115 in Effort ,on Merwinsburg Rd.
Admission to dinner and sing along is free.
However a donation of an" Unwrapped" Christmas Gift suitable for ages infant through teenager , merchant gift card ,or free will donation will be appreciated...It will benefit St Nick Project through which the spirt of love, hope, and joy of Christmas is brought to local families experiencing difficult times.
Enjoy this hot turkey dinner and then fill up with the spirit of Christmas singing .
Some surprises for the kids too.......
Invormation...Don and Linda at 579-629-5255 or the office 629-1890
( I think this is a wonderful thing for this church to do, bringing the Spirit of Christmas to all in these various ways)
Waggin' Tails will sell baked goods at the Kinsleys Shop Rite in Brodheadsville Sunday at 10 AM to benefit and hep rescue dogs and cats..........Lets help our wonderful pets get homes and good care.
The Western Pocono Library will have its Arts and Crafts Show Nov 25th 10 to 3 Sunday.......
Wonderful Craft Show up at Skytop on the 24th ( 9 to approx 3)......look for the Pocono Woodcarvers downstairs......for fantastic award winning, canes, Santas, etc..........Wonderful, unique gifts.
One quick last note......today November 16th ( fri)
Explore the World of Owls night
7 to 8:30 at the Environmental Learning Center off Route 6 just east of the intersection of route 6 and 590 , next to Wallenpaupack High.......
"Explore Owls" ......Beginning indoors witha presentation on owl biology and behavior and then outdoors to "call" owls.
FREE and open to thepublic..........!
Hope this gives you a few things to look forward too........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,893 times
Hopefully this is the right thread for this:

There will be a Holiday Festival/Craft Fair at Wallenpaupack South Elementary School on Saturday, December 1st, from 9 am till 3 pm. The school is located on Route 191 in Newfoundland. There will be lots of craft vendors in the gym; also a large Santa's Workshop area for kids to buy inexpensive gifts, pictures with Santa, gift wrapping, kid's craft table, and a basket raffle. There will also be a food concession featuring specialty soups and other goodies donated by the local restaurants and a cookie sale. This event is sponsored by the school's PTO. There is a snowdate of December 2nd.

Last edited by greentown; 11-16-2007 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 11-16-2007, 03:29 PM

Oh I love it Greentown, Yes.........thanks for posting ..........I try to find things for everyone to go to. That looks like a bunch of fun......

Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,556,288 times
Thanks Summering!~ You always have nice things to post especially about what is going on in the area and I thank you!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Thanks Summering!~ You always have nice things to post especially about what is going on in the area and I thank you!
Thanks..........Gosh, I typed that so fast, I am reading a ton of typing errors this morning. NO edit there.........too late. LOL
Well, I guess its readable.
The Effort Church is right by me........I'm thinking of bringing a nice big doll and going to that.....anyhow I love, love, turkey and singing

Old 11-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Don't forget these things coming up this weekend..........
Skytop in Canadensis area of Pa. will have the Woodcarvers in the lower level.........This Saturday the 24th of Nov. and also other Crafters and Artist will be in a building that is attached to Sky Top...........

Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 AM

I hope everyone got to Skytop today........It is so pretty at Skytop this time of year.

The Artist group years ago decided that "woodcarvers" are not artist! So they are in a different area........( many moons ago one of the carvers tried to join....)
That was amazing to hear, since it involves taking a block of wood, or a huge piece of cottonwood bark, perhaps a cypress knee......and make it come alive as a Santa, or a
Golfer, a Woodspirit or Nome homes.........Then painted for hours on end. Detailed eyes, and faces, beards and clothes........along with canes, and bags of toys!
Art should be considered on all types of mediums. Not just someone taking a stylized piece of wood, shining it up, in some smooth, lined position........and that IS art.
Not just on canvas or paper.......and not just in photos. Art comes in many forms and favors. To turn an artist away, is like turning a person who writes the type of book you don't read away.
Anyhow..........They do a wonderful job, and many, many appreciate it....thank goodness.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 AM

Christmas City - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

The Christkindlemarkt in Bethlehem has started as of the 23rd of November.
This is a fantastic place to go and enjoy........
Even though it is below our area. We haven't gotten the Lehigh tread as yet......so
I thought I should post it. What a great time everyone has there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania