Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,101,492 times

Advertisements

Things are said everyday on that board and the N word is used everyday in society, why did Judy feel that she needed to air her personal situation and Mr. Brown's from the council chambers? Its budget time. I'm not defending Joe, he said it and its wrong but the point is that it was not the first time that anything wrong or inappropriate was said on that site, but it is budget time and lets face it by bringing that up at the council meeting they have shifted the attention away from the council hacks and the over stuffed budget to DD and Joe. Pure and simple media manipulation. Are you ok with the $84,500,000 budget? What did your buds tell you about it, that it was a good budget..... Your clueless. I have read the Scranton recovery plan as well as PA Act 47 and I have just finished my fourth read of both and nowhere in there does it say that it was ok for the mayor to spend what he has. The recovery plan ended in 2005 but their not telling you that are they. You know why because the recovery plan limits council's powers and increases the mayors. It has given him the ability to bury a distressed city in $400,000,000 in debt in 6 years but thats ok because you say that your family friends. Your a fool. Its not YOUR CITY you live Fl and your family lives in the Abingtons and your brother in laws restaurant is in Chinchilla. I told you to let it go, your family is as political as the rest. Your sooo biased that its not even funny. Your making your judgements based on what you think you know about your fathers friends and you don't know and no matter what you think you learned bellied up to the bar at Gannon's with the rest of the stupid drunks that think McMullens and Gannon's are what Scranton is all about you don't know. Do you honestly think that your the only one in the city that is connected? Do you think that your the only one that knows people? Do you think that your the only one that knows people in the state office building? Let it go.
Judy and the mayor and their none stop spending have created the villians that they are. Seriously do you think that just because you think that you know someone that they are incapable of anything bad or corrupt. Your blind. Where do you think that the $400,000,000 in debt came from? Me? Did I create that? Did Joe? Noooo that was the council three and the mayor. Villians you bet your ass. At least Joe says that he is thief and at least he owns up to what he does or says, right or wrong. Those idiots downtown sit there and act like ohh poor me, poor me, poor me while they are spending sooo much money that this city is actually about 20x deeper in debt then we were when we received the distressed status. Your soooo concerned about YOUR city that you think its ok for this admin to bury the residents of this city up to there eyes in municipal debt while your friends get new jobs and raises that they do not deserve and are not qualified for? Let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 AM

You think that you know it all, well here ya go......Read very carefully and see how much our debt has increased while we are supposed to be distressed and cutting back. Not to mention look at the projected numbers and see how far off base we really are. Who did all of that? Me? Joe? Noo your buddies mayor Doherty and the current as well as the last council. Its funny though I still to this day hate armchair quaterbacks that do not know the plays but think that they can play the game. Information is a powerful tool if you actually bother to use it.

Act 47 (http://www.newpa.com/programDetail.aspx?id=97 - broken link)

Scranton recovery plan (http://www.scrantontimestribune.com/projects/recovery.htm - broken link)

Old 12-06-2007, 03:34 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
I think both sides are in the wrong here, Dan. I too find it to be rather specious that the largest scandals (smoking ban, racism, etc.) always erupt in Scranton right around budget time in order to deflect attention away from their bumbling of city finances, but on that same token no matter how much you disagree with Mr. Brown's slanted articles or Judy or Sherry's giggling, there is NO excuse to use racial slurs like that to get your point across. If Mr. Pilchesky would apologize for making such an insensitive comment like that instead of hiding behind the Constitution, perhaps he'd garner more sympathy from me. I have a couple very good friends in Wilkes-Barre who are of African-American descent, and I'm sure they would be appalled to hear such words being defended by so many people.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM

Well, it appears as if political chaos in Scranton is heating up more than I ever thought was possible. After a long hiatus, I just returned today to Pilchesky Deceit, a much smaller yet vocal message board that was formed to attack the credibility of Joe Pilchesky, a man whose own message board, Doherty Deceit, was designed to attack the credibility of Mayor Doherty and his administration. It appears as if more lawsuits are now being filed on behalf of Mr. Pilchesky against the Pennsylvania State Police and the Lackawanna County District Attorney's office, and Mr. Pilchesky is promising one against Pilchesky Deceit as well for disclosing the identities of various members on Doherty Deceit. Joe promised "there will be hell to pay." I then turned my attention back to Doherty Deceit, a message board I was banned from after an extremely brief tenure because my intellectual capacity obviously must have frightened Mr. Webmaster, who ironically champions himself as being a promoter of free speech. I've just registered for a new account at Pilchesky Deceit, and I'd urge others who are tiring of Scranton being the laughing stock of thousands across the nation due to all of this political chaos and litigation to do the same.

I'm interested in seeing just what will be occurring in 2008. Mr. Pilchesky is rallying his followers behind him into some sort of "war" that he's going to be waging next year that will bring the city to its knees. What I simply don't understand though is Mr. Pilchesky's logic. If he succeeds in winning various multi-million dollar lawsuits against the city, then won't these very same sheep that are following him to slaughter be liable to pay HIGHER TAXES themselves to finance the settlements? If they're all as impoverished as they claim to be, then I find it suspect that so many have already come forward pledging money to assist Mr. Pilchesky in his 2008 "war." I'd like to see how loyal many of his followers will be in a few years if and when their own property taxes spike to pay for successful litigation brought forth against the city by Mr. Pilchesky. After all, Scrantonians have to be the most FICKLE people in the planet---we're talking about the SAME folks that elevated the Piccolino family up onto their shoulders as martyrs during their eminent domain battle against Mayor Doherty and who now regard this family as scum because their son made an unsuccessful bid for council that caused one of the "Doherty Three" to be re-elected. If people en masse turned against one family that quickly, what makes Mr. Pilchesky so certain that they won't be doing the same to him? After all, if he wins a seven-figure settlement from the city he can easily take off to Honolulu or Vienna and leave everyone else behind in Scranton to pay for his settlements.

Trust me, with all of the homophobic remarks I've had to face thus far in my life, I could have waged several highly-publicized lawsuits of my own against my former employer, my college, etc. However, I chose not to because I don't need the law to say I'm right and give me an "atta boy." Apparently Mr. Pilchesky does.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 12-17-2007 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Typographical Error

Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Well, it appears as if political chaos in Scranton is heating up more than I ever thought was possible. After a long hiatus, I just returned today to Pilchesky Deceit, a much smaller yet vocal message board that was formed to attack the credibility of Joe Pilchesky, a man whose own message board, Doherty Deceit, was designed to attack the credibility of Mayor Doherty and his administration. It appears as if more lawsuits are now being filed on behalf of Mr. Pilchesky against the Pennsylvania State Police and the Lackawanna County District Attorney's office, and Mr. Pilchesky is promising one against Pilchesky Deceit as well for disclosing the identities of various members on Doherty Deceit. Joe promised "there will be hell to pay." I then turned my attention back to Doherty Deceit, a message board I was banned from after an extremely brief tenure because my intellectual capacity obviously must have frightened Mr. Webmaster, who ironically champions himself as being a promoter of free speech. I've just registered for a new account at Pilchesky Deceit, and I'd urge others who are tiring of Scranton being the laughing stock of thousands across the nation due to all of this political chaos and litigation to do the same.

I'm interested in seeing just what will be occurring in 2008. Mr. Pilchesky is rallying his followers behind him into some sort of "war" that he's going to be waging next year that will bring the city to its knees. What I simply don't understand though is Mr. Pilchesky's logic. If he succeeds in winning various multi-million dollar lawsuits against the city, then won't these very same sheep that are following him to slaughter be liable to pay HIGHER TAXES themselves to finance the settlements? If they're all as impoverished as they claim to be, then I find it suspect that so many have already come forward pledging money to assist Mr. Pilchesky in his 2008 "war." I'd like to see how loyal many of his followers will be in a few years if and when their own property taxes spike to pay for successful litigation brought forth against the city by Mr. Pilchesky. After all, Scrantonians have to be the most FICKLE people in the planet---we're talking about the SAME folks that elevated the Piccolino family up onto their shoulders as martyrs during their eminent domain battle against Mayor Doherty and who now regard this family as scum because their son made an unsuccessful bid for council that caused one of the "Doherty Three" to be re-elected. If people en masse turned against one family that quickly, what makes Mr. Pilchesky so certain that they won't be doing the same to him? After all, if he wins a seven-figure settlement from the city he can easily take off to Honolulu or Vienna and leave everyone else behind in Scranton to pay for his settlements.

Trust me, with all of the homophobic remarks I've had to face thus far in my life, I could have waged several highly-publicized lawsuits of my own against my former employer, my college, etc. However, I chose not to because I don't need the law to say I'm right and give me an "atta boy." Apparently Mr. Pilchesky does.
Upon further inspection, this thread was active in early-2007. If Mr. Pilchesky has yet to launch legal action against Pilchesky Deceit by this point in time, then he's likely not going to. I apologize. I should have checked those dates next to the replies I bit more carefully.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
... I just returned today to Pilchesky Deceit, a much smaller yet vocal message board that was formed to attack the credibility of Joe Pilchesky...
His own website is doing that just fine on its own, it seems. I'm sure he doesn't need the help. Besides, it doesn't seem like there's much there to attack anyway.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
His own website is doing that just fine on its own, it seems. I'm sure he doesn't need the help. Besides, it doesn't seem like there's much there to attack anyway.
You know, I started off with a neutral outlook on Mr. Pilchesky. I find Dan to be a rather rational person, and I assumed that if he would associate himself with Mr. Pilchesky, then he honestly could not have been that bad of a person. I figured that Mr. Pilchesky was a sharp knife in the drawer who was trying his best to keep tax payers informed of corruption in the city so that they could use this to their benefit when heading to the polls. I thought to myself "You can't blame this man if some of his members are mental cases."

Then I started posting there, got attacked, banned, and will now soon be a regular poster on Pilchesky Deceit to join the growing ranks of members there who have become discouraged by how Mr. Pilchesky will ban anyone and everyone who doesn't conform to their belief system that we all ought to lift Janet Evans up onto their shoulders while throwing grapes into her mouth. What I think is most interesting is that both Pilchesky Deceit and Doherty Deceit appear to have "insiders" who work for the city and post on each site. Many members have made it painfully clear that just because they dislike Mr. Pilchesky doesn't mean that they approve of Mayor Doherty's administration. I myself find many flaws with his efforts, but I can't bring myself to be as vile and heinous as some of those malcontents on DD are; at least the folks on PD seem to have a bit more intellect to them.

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when Mr. Pilchesky said he saw no problem in using the word "ni*ger" to disparage others because it is "protected by the Constitution." This same man also used anti-gay references during my brief tenure on his forum. I thought his actions would bring mass outcry, but while one or two tried distancing themselves from Mr. Pilchesky, many of the others tried to "justify" the word's usage because "black people call each other that word, so why can't we?" I'd like to see Fay Franus walk up to Jim Davis as he's riding his chair around Courthouse Square sometime and scream "Ni*ger" at him. After all, if there's nothing wrong with using that word, then Mr. Davis shouldn't have any objections to it, right? After all, inner-city gangsta thug rappers who glorify that word's usage speak for the majority of middle-class African-Americans, don't they? Likewise, I saw these same folks were trying to justify gay slurs because "they call each other that so why can't we?" I don't know what planet they've been living on, but when a straight person walks up to me and calls me a "f*g" I don't just smile and say "Thank you." I find it to be VERY offensive. Why Mr. Pilchesky can't get this through his THICK skull is beyond me. All he's doing is making his own "beloved" city look WORSE by showing the rest of the nation that we in Greater Scranton condone racism, prejudice, homophobia, and hatred.

I'll proudly be joining the ranks of PD within the next day or so.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 AM

164 posts, read 385,129 times
Pilchesky Deceit was not formed to attack Mr. Pilchesky ... it was formed to give a voice to those of us who had been banned from DD simply because we did not agree with his views.

We as you say are a small group ... as of this morning we have 37 members ... not all post ... maybe out of that 37 we have about 15 who do post regularly ... but most read daily.

We formed PilcheskyDeceit because .... We have been denied freedom of speech by Joe Pilchesky! In order to have a place to express ou thoughts on the postings of the Doherty Deceit Forum. We welcome all opinions at PD ... even those who don't agree with the majority! However ... it must be more than an opinion when posting about so called corruption ... you must have proof of your allegations or it will be removed ... and the families of politicians are off limits ... there will be no threats of violence ... and we do not condone hate speech ... for any reason!

We do welcome any and all posters ... however the posters must adhere to the rules of conduct or their posts will be removed by the administrator or one of the moderators as I the site administrator am not the sole owner of the site.

And as of this date I am still waiting to be served with the papers for I believe 3 different lawsuits that Mr. Pilchesky threatened me with ... and I do believe that 2 of the moderators were also promised lawsuits ... none of which to date have been filed. When and if they do become a reality ... I will deal with it ... it will not be the membership who has to worry as he has threatened me with the promise of a lawsuit and not the membership of PD.

I know that I don't post often but I just had to address this particular post ... sorry Dan I know you don't like when I post and I usually can sit and say nothing as I don't want to intrude in your territory ... but I had to today.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:47 AM

164 posts, read 385,129 times
I did forget to mention that it was called PilcheskyDeceit because ... Mr. Pilchesky claims that every citizen is entitled to free speech ... however when some of us didn't agree with him we were banned ... so ... as it seems Free Speech only applies to those who agree with Mr. Pilchesky ... hence the name of our site ...

I did however receive an email from Mr. Pilchesky that stated when I began to think the right way that I would be able to resume posting at DD ... well I can never think the way he wants me to as I have a free will and a strong mind.

Last edited by LusOnlyVoice; 12-18-2007 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: clarity!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
I know that I don't post often but I just had to address this particular post ... sorry Dan I know you don't like when I post and I usually can sit and say nothing as I don't want to intrude in your territory ... but I had to today.

I never said anything about you Lus and I have never said that I agree with Joe on every issue. I have said that I did not agree with the use of that word but I do find it funny that while our city is sinking under a huge strain of debt that all we can talk about is the "N" word. Sure he used it and yes its bad but why did Judy need to bring it out a council meeting? It certainly was not city business was it? No of course not but it did take the spot light away from a record breaking $84,500,000 budget for a distressed city of close to 70,000 didn't it? What I do not like about PD is simple, everyone there does nothing and I mean nothing but make fun of people and name calling. Really its like a 6th grade classroom, sure DD isn't much better but at least they do talk about issues in the city and the people that cause them. I myself have been a topic of conversation on PD and I think its funny that you guys make fun of the fact that I would like siren to protect my neighborhood during the rising water stages of a flood and I also think its funny that I'm made fun of because I want the city to take its responsiblity and get the bank fixed until the project is completed which is not till 2009 now. You are calling me names because I am trying to make some changes that are good for my neighborhood and good for the city in general. Lus I read your site and its a joke, there is no serious discussions about anything but the posters on DD and who you think they are and the speakers at council. I would like to join that site too but for what to call people names? Come on. CD right now and this NEPA sub-form is still the best site in the area for info good or bad. SWB and I and a few other good and dedicated posters keep the info flowing here as best as we can and it is usually very accurate and backed up with info and stats.
SWB you'll see that PD is really no different then DD in the way that they treat people outside their little group. We are both better right here where we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania