Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 11,175 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are hoping to buy a used trailer at Eagle Lake in Pensylvania Anyone have any experience with this? We also wonder how much to offer for those in the $20,000 price range, considering the resale value seems very low...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 17,128 times
Mary, I own a site and trailer in Eagle Lake. I bought a unoccupied lot and new trailer in 2007 so don't have much advice on used prices. The lots alone list from approx. $14,000 then go up depending on their size and location. Might be able to bargain down in this economy to $12,000 or so. The lot value itself would not depreciate, it is real estate essentially. The trailer or park model on the other hand depreciates every year like an auto. So basically you will start at say 12,000 (for the land) and the remainder of the asking price would be for the park model which would probably be more negotiable. I'm not sure what you would get in that price range (8,000 for the trailer). Have you looked on the Eagle Lake web site under classified? The Eagle Lake Community Association (ELCA) deals with the real estate aspect and the office is at the entrance to the community. There is a Eagle Lake Realty business has a web site also with EL properties (not affiliated with Eagle Lake). It is located on the main road (435) just outside the lake and deals with EL and other communities in the area. We used the ECLA since it was in-house and whatever profits there may be go back into the community. The process with them was quick, efficient and no-frills. Do some research on those web sites and make an appointment to take a tour and look at some properties. EL is really a great place, we used it alot the first year but after my son was old enough to play organized sports we are lucky if we get there 2-4 times a year for a 24 hr. period. Contemplating selling it since I don't see us getting up there much in the near future (my son is 9), either that or we sell the kids! Hope this helped. Good Luck!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 14,958 times
Default Eagle Lake

I have family who lives there and they really like it up there, I dont know many details beyond that, Im looking to buy up there too(not sure if it will be Eagle lake or what) so I will be asking them more, Ill come back and post when I find out or friend me if you want and we can share information.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
We were thinking about buying an inexpensive Summer place and getaway that is on a Lake.
Our budget is low, but we would not be opposed to a nice trailer.
I have seen that prices in Eagle Lake are quite low. It sounds nice, and it seems to have a lot of amenities, but when ever anything is so inexpensive I have to wonder why?
So please tell me the good and the bad about Eagle Lake

2. Are there any other inexpensive places to purchace a trailer or a small cottage that are not trashy or dangerous.?
Any that we should stay away from?

3/ What is a park model and how does it differ from a regular mobile home?

4. Can you get a mortgage on a trailer - can the owner hold a note on it?

5. Is there any way find out about places on Eagle lake that are for sale?

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:50 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
The ones on the lake are quite expensive really. Some of the others are reasonable.
I have to say that the park models were very, very, small. The upstairs area, you can not stand in.
So its a nice space, but to me it seemed like for storage. Unless kids like to crawl around and never stand. The down bedroom is very tight and so is the baths. The living and kitchen are usually very cute. But they would not fit a crowd at all.
I saw one used one that appeared larger then the park models....but it seemed very old.
You can get into the park models by driving up there, they are before the gate.
I think its best to go on their site and see what is available now.
I am not sure what the dues are or if you can obtain a mortgage on one........
Others might chime in......

Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 PM

So what is a park model?
Does any one else know anything about Eagle Lake.

It does not need to be right on the water - but I would like the place to have a lake with a sandy beach and other amenities.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 PM

Jersey Pati would you ever rent it out for a weekend so that I could see what it's like?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:37 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Jersey Pati would you ever rent it out for a weekend so that I could see what it's like?
I've seen rentals on Craigslist, mostly closer to summer though.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
I just looked at properties there onSunday, gorgeous community with plenty for the kids to do. I am buying a place there!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:41 AM

40 posts, read 71,419 times
Its a summer community only though, right? We rented there a couple of years ago. I don't believe you can live there full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania