Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 PM

472 posts, read 779,200 times

Advertisements

HOLY CRAP candycorps nailed it!!!! 1000% agree with this post. I been saying this for years.... Right on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
I am proud to announce that my email to APCP was taken seriously and that it is the intent of the community admin to begin a campaign of positive and fair media treatment my community deserves. I have all intent on being a part of it if asked to do so. I'd love for Linnielee33 to join the crusade. The time for change is now. Thanks to all who encouraged me to stand my ground and to speak out. Appreciate the support...
Sarge, we have not heard from you for some time. But the last 24 or 48 hours has not helped the positive image of PCP. I did not even get my news from the Pocono Record; I saw it on WNEP.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:40 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Sarge, we have not heard from you for some time. But the last 24 or 48 hours has not helped the positive image of PCP. I did not even get my news from the Pocono Record; I saw it on WNEP.
What happened?

Old 07-09-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
What happened?
String of Violence for Pocono Mountain Regional Police | WNEP.com

Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Wow.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:59 PM

25 posts, read 51,501 times
I bought a house in here two years ago. At first it seemed like a great place and I stuck up for this community whenever it was being bashed but, I was WRONG! I can't wait to get out of here. I love our house and the improvements my Husband and I made to the property but it is time to go! Don't get me wrong, there is alot of good people here but the bad people out way the good people. I love our neighbors, their very nice people but the section 8 rental house right next door to us is a total nightmare! As I'm writing this, I'm listening to them scream in the backyard with their spanish music BLASTING from inside their house! The kids that speed up and down the road here with their loud mufflers at all hours of the night. Public safety and code enforcement, they don't do anything! It's such a shame how people can bring down a neighborhood. This is getting to the point where it's unbearable! We're even putting up a fence in the backyard to block them from our vision. They have garbage all over the place! They smoke joints on the side of their house. I can't even take my two little dogs for a walk in this neighborhood because of all of the loose pitbulls everywhere! I should've listened, but even if I did listen, it was too late because we bought the house cash before we did our research. I'm sure we can sell the house and walk away from it with what we paid for it but the problem is, I was just accepted into a Nursing program that starts in August and I worked so hard to get into it and I don't think it would be wise to throw a move into the mix. Hopefully we can wait it out for two years. Fingers crossed that they move out real soon. It is a shame though because like I said, there are some really nice respectable people here but not enough to stay. No matter how much people say this place is changing for the better, NO IT IS NOT!

Old 07-11-2015, 02:03 PM

Sadly a very bad week in APCP but in talking to one of the local police officers turns out this couple has only been living in APCP for 2 weeks when this incident happened. This was a domestic dispute. Being in law enforcement these are usually the worse type of calls to go to with a high risk to officer safety. Domestic disputes happen everywhere and though most don't end this tragically the potential danger of it being bad are usually higher then any other calls the police would get. I seldom do venture to this part of the community because I do not really go into the main section often. Very unfortunate events but I been enjoying my home and neighbors and having a good time. Been off the boards mostly because haven't seen anything of interests. I also just got custody of my 11 year old daughter a month ago and been busy being a full time dad. I pray for the family and the deceased but no area is safe from domestic violence.... Sarge is doing well I hope everyone is the same....

Old 07-11-2015, 02:22 PM

LinnieLee33 OMG I am so upset to read your post. I hope you figure out what is best for you and your family and the oppurtunity is there for you to move on and be happy. It sucks that a bad neighbor that is not even a home owner turned your sanctuary into a nightmare. Although I have not experienced this in APCP I have had a bad neighbor when I lived in Jersey and I too did eventually move away because of it. I would hate to see you leave but totally respect the fact that you have to be happy in your own house and community. God Bless you LinnieLee and good luck on your nursing career.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:38 PM

25 posts, read 51,501 times
Thank you Sarge! Unfortunately, it's not just the house next door. I can't even drive down the road without being stared down by African Americans and Spanish people. It's insane! I honestly feel like I'm in the ghetto here. They hang blankets and sheets over their windows, hang out in their cars blasting the radios while they sit in their driveways, filth all over the outside of their properties. Little kids riding bikes in the middle of the roadways with no parental supervision and these kids are young! I saw one the other day and he looked to be only about 3 years old! It seemed so nice when I moved in two years ago.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Sadly a very bad week in APCP but in talking to one of the local police officers turns out this couple has only been living in APCP for 2 weeks when this incident happened.
Unfortunately people will not think of them as living there only for two weeks. There goes your good press!

Good luck being a dad; I'm glad my parenting days are over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania