Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

How is everyone enjoying their first "teaser" day of Spring here in NEPA? I'm on Spring Break from college, and I'm watching the snow rapidly surrendering to the sun's powerful rays, revealing our lawn once again for the first time in quite a while. Earlier in the day a cardinal flew into the window in our home office (don't worry; he's okay!). I was over in West Pittston, the Garden Village, earlier in the day, and I was pleased to see a woman pushing a toddler in a stroller down Delaware Avenue. Yesterday, a cooler yet still beautiful day, was met with a lot of "cabin fever" folks out and about jogging and walking their dogs up and down Wyoming Avenue in Kingston as I headed into work. I hope to see more of the same in an hour or so when I depart for today's shift.

I hope you all had the opportunity to get out and enjoy either today or yesterday, as the weather is going to turn sour starting tomorrow with some very heavy rainfall followed by cold temperatures (probably our last cold snap of the season). Hopefully if the weather improves after that I'll be bringing you the first photo tour of 2008 during my Easter break in late-March.

I suppose I do become the victim of seasonal affective disorder (S.A.D.) more severely than others. I'm back mentally and emotionally to my perky, optimistic, happy self, but it wasn't without its bumps and bruises along the way. I'd like to extend an olive branch at this point in time to anyone who was sleighted last month during our sub-forum brou-ha-ha, especially KittensPurr. You and I misinterpreted one another's messages and their respective rebuttals, leading to unpleasantness that escalated into utter warfare! The offer still stands for me to buy you a banana split at Blue Ribbon when you move back to NEPA later this year if you're still lurking around the forum.

How is everyone else enjoying this weather? Has it lifted anyone else's spirits to see the SUNSHINE again??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 01:00 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
Default In So. Calif.

Hey Paul, it's beautiful here too. We're having occasional 20 mph winds and around 75-80 degrees. They're called Santa Ana Winds when they occur along with warm or hot weather and very low humidity. The temp right now is 75 and the humidity is 14%. For once we're not worried about fires because, believe it or not, we've had some rain in the past month!! Anyway, enjoy your day as I am enjoying mine.

By the way Paul, I sent you a DM. If you could check it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Hey Paul, it's beautiful here too. We're having occasional 20 mph winds and around 75-80 degrees. They're called Santa Ana Winds when they occur along with warm or hot weather and very low humidity. The temp right now is 75 and the humidity is 14%. For once we're not worried about fires because, believe it or not, we've had some rain in the past month!! Anyway, enjoy your day as I am enjoying mine.
Enjoy your day as well. Part of what I enjoy about NEPA is the dynamic weather and the changing of seasons, but I think I must have that so-called "p*ss for blood" because I'm cold all the time anymore. Feeling the sun and temperatures in the mid-50s has certainly brightened my spirits! I LOVE snow, but at the same time we ALL get cranky around March because just when we think we're right on Spring's doorstep another freak early-Spring snow storm comes. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
By the way Paul, I sent you a DM. If you could check it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Done, and your reply was sent. I apologize. I get OVERWHELMED sometimes with DMs, and I don't check them on a daily basis now.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
So beautiful today, i love this weather!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,844 times
Well, today is sure a different day from the past two days. It's raw outside and raining all day. I did see a few flocks of geese on their return flights back to the north on Sunday. It was a welcoming sound to hear them! Hopefully we will be having alot of warm days ahead. I also hear there is a flood warning for Wyoming, Bradford and Susquehanna Counties. Not sure about the other counties yet..

Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I'm so glad spring and the end of the seasonal disorder.......is now in the air.
Me........I am in a Tornado warning until 2AM......
I'll be glad to return home next month to the daffodills and crocus......
The best sign of spring.......along with the return of the Russet sided Toehee.......and the little singing wren......Loud he is

Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
mgb

97 posts, read 260,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
How is everyone else enjoying this weather? Has it lifted anyone else's spirits to see the SUNSHINE again??!!

I do enjoy the sweet smell of mother nature re-newing herself while winter's coughing his last gasp of cold air. Now if only I could get the moon to co-operate and stop being 'full' every month, life would be so much easier..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania