Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDMORESPACE2 View Post
Is there any other reason, beside the nicer scenery, that you prefer that area over Effort?

Don't forget, the real estate taxes are among the lowest in the county in Ross Township.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
I think the weather up the route 115 mountain is much worse, that gathered from listening to others who have lived up above. There are some lower Effort and Brodheasville areas that are not bad at all.
I live very much on the border of both Brodheadsville and Effort. From our home we have a great mountain view and even have a "small" farm next door growing mostly wheat or corn.
I love our street which doesn't have much traffic. Living on almost two acres, the people in our area, don't really get the noise that closer homes or other locations have.
I see the bus picking up kids right at the end of our driveway, which must be great for those moms.
What is nice with Brodheadsville is that you can be out onto 33 and off to NJ or the Easton stores in just a short time. There is also a back way to the Lehigh area stores.
Most of the towns you mentioned are nice comfortable towns to live in.
Small crime is all over the place...........Down in SC in the winters, I read the same exact stories of the same type of crimes. Reading USA today, or even my old NJ news.......its the same ole' story. Crime will follow you everywhere you go..........its a sad state of the times. Very sad indeed........
I must say, I do feel very safe in my Brodheadsville home in anycase.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 PM

142 posts, read 481,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Don't forget, the real estate taxes are among the lowest in the county in Ross Township.
Ooops - somehow I thought they were all in the same township -- still researching and learnign about the area. Thank you for that.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
Pocono Relocation Guide has links to the pocono counties, (at bottem of page) on the county pages are info about townships, eateries, schools, hospitals and all.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 AM

142 posts, read 481,264 times
Thanks everyone, you have been very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania