Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 04:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Gosh, anyone like me, getting about 4 to 5 calls per day from either Hillary, or Barack Obamas campaign?
I had one campaign worker laughing, because I stopped her in mid sentence.
I explained it was my fifth call of the day..........I had listened to about all the news one can absorb.
To make her smile more, I told her I was voting for her candidate.........
" alright, already" now let me go
Today a flyer for Obama came flying over a fence, and a flyer for Hillary came in the mail.
This is really the state which will probably give us the final candidate.......
Is everyone getting all these calls.........?
It can't just be me!
Yes, I am going to go vote on Tuesday..........because with all this effort going out.........the least I can do is go pull a lever.
( PS if this belongs in the sticky, you can move it.......I'm just not sure, thanks)

Last edited by Summering; 04-19-2008 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: words.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 AM

267 posts, read 765,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Gosh, anyone like me, getting about 4 to 5 calls per day from either Hillary, or Barack Obamas campaign?
I had one campaign worker laughing, because I stopped her in mid sentence.
I explained it was my fifth call of the day..........I had listened to about all the news one can absorb.
To make her smile more, I told her I was voting for her candidate.........
" alright, already" now let me go
Today a flyer for Obama came flying over a fence, and a flyer for Hillary came in the mail.
Is everyone getting all these calls.........?
It can't just be me!
Yes, I am going to go vote on Tuesday..........because with all this effort going out.........the least I can do is go pull a lever.
( PS if this belongs in the sticky, you can move it.......I'm just not sure, thanks)
My phone has been ringing off the wall too! 4 or 5 a day!
I think I'm on their list from when my wife got tickets to see John Kerry when he visited Scranton with Ben Afflack. She should of gave a fake phone number

Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times
Quote:
Not at all.

I'm kinda curious if you've been paying attention at all. It's mathematically impossible for Clinton to overcome Obama's pledged delegate lead and has been for quite some time. Clinton can still win with superdelegates at the convention, but they've all been trending towards Obama and will likely not vote for the candidate who hasn't won the pledged delegate count (although they are free to vote for whomever they want).

Obama likely will not win PA, and he's been saying, also for quite some time, that if Clinton's margin of victory is less than double-digits, it's a "win" for him (since she wouldn't really gain that many pledged delegates.) An Obama win in PA, given how unlikely that is, has a good chance of having this thing decided now. But otherwise, there's no indication of when this thing will end. Clinton has been making noise about bringing the fight all the way to the convention in Denver.

The reality is that no remaining contest will change the dynamics of the race. Clinton's staying in in the vain hope that between now and the convention, Obama will self-destruct. She's been running a very negative campaign throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him (Wright, "Bittergate" flag-pin lapels, Ayers) but his poll numbers haven't changed much at all.

So again, to answer your question, no remaining contest will be even close to decisive since Obama, barring self-destruction, by every indication already has the nomination wrapped up.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 PM

755 posts, read 2,334,331 times
It is VERY annoying all these calls..... I knew I should have had my phone # unlisted like we did in NJ but I figured hey, who would call us out here? Little did I know....can't wait until this election "stuff" is over and donewith.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Not at all.

I'm kinda curious if you've been paying attention at all. It's mathematically impossible for Clinton to overcome Obama's pledged delegate lead and has been for quite some time. Clinton can still win with superdelegates at the convention, but they've all been trending towards Obama and will likely not vote for the candidate who hasn't won the pledged delegate count (although they are free to vote for whomever they want).

Obama likely will not win PA, and he's been saying, also for quite some time, that if Clinton's margin of victory is less than double-digits, it's a "win" for him (since she wouldn't really gain that many pledged delegates.) An Obama win in PA, given how unlikely that is, has a good chance of having this thing decided now. But otherwise, there's no indication of when this thing will end. Clinton has been making noise about bringing the fight all the way to the convention in Denver.

The reality is that no remaining contest will change the dynamics of the race. Clinton's staying in in the vain hope that between now and the convention, Obama will self-destruct. She's been running a very negative campaign throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him (Wright, "Bittergate" flag-pin lapels, Ayers) but his poll numbers haven't changed much at all.

So again, to answer your question, no remaining contest will be even close to decisive since Obama, barring self-destruction, by every indication already has the nomination wrapped up.
Commish.........Curious as to if I am paying attention at all?....Oh funny!
Oh my, tell that to my kids who think I am a "News freaker"
Remember Dewey? Know that all things are possible......and never count anyone out. I really don't think she has been more negative then him.......
I think what perhaps hurts the most is that he would attend a church with a Pastor who has such anti American beliefs. That......is what we talk about in our circles. Most of us would have walked out, rather then listen to those horrendous, distorted beliefs. Thats what my friends are telling me.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:57 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff18wife View Post
It is VERY annoying all these calls..... I knew I should have had my phone # unlisted like we did in NJ but I figured hey, who would call us out here? Little did I know....can't wait until this election "stuff" is over and donewith.
Obviously, only the Dems. are getting the calls
At 3:00 AM I'm asleep, I know who my candidate is !!!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 PM

ff18wife...........Gosh ......only the Dem's getting the calls?........
Believe me I am very Independent.......I won't hitch myself to one wagon. I need to vote for who will keep me safe, and the World safe. Someone who will work on this economy........which is getting beyond repair.
I won't ever be a "D" or and "R".........that is too confining.
Flyers coming in all directions, by mail........flying in the wind ( not kidding one landed right in the yard)
President Clinton in Mt Pocono today.....and lots and lots of calls, over and over, and over.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:31 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
I stopped keeping a landline in favor of two cells, one for each of us and it has been very liberating. I was getting a solicitor about once a year and just wouldn't answer when I saw the unidentified number and lately I have not gotten any. I was so sick of having to hear those poor people just trying to earn a living on the other end. I was never sure if I should cut them off or make them do that whole depressing pitch again. Which is harder? Feeling cut off or that you have just wasted your time pitching to a non sale again? I usually let them spew and when the get me to an opening I quickly say no thank you. If they press, I repeat No Thank you and then hang up. Sorry if it comes off as rude at that point but I let them be rude first and then I don't feel so bad LOL.

I'll throw the old lady a vote on Tuesday but I will gladly take either in favor of the old guy and I think it would be good call to see them both on the same ticket.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
I haven't been getting any calls...another good thing about being registered as an independent. Although, in November, I'll probably be getting calls from both sides, so I guess its even....

Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Quote:
I won't ever be a "D" or and "R".........that is too confining.
That's the way I feel. I just feel that both parties are corrupt....they're more alike than they are different. They both cater to their own special interests and couldn't care less about regular taxpaying working people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania