Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:45 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

yes the klein paint jobs are 2nd to none, they are amazing .. after being both a mountain biker and road biker for the last 15 years and from nyc im not sure i have much lives left. i cant tell you how many times i was almost seriously killed.

Klein Bikes—Handcrafted Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
I have a Ti DBR racing frame that I built up a few years back and its nice. About 19lbs +/-, I like the Ti unfinished because every frame that I have ever had that was painted gets hammered and looks it. The Ti holds up like, well titanium. I also have a 7000 series alum Marin Mtn. frame that I have set up with Ultegra 6000 cranks, rings, cog, frnt and rear derailleur's. All road gears frnt and back on 1" tires with race wheels, rigid fork. The bars are straight, XTR shifters and billet brake levers. Its all mountain bike controls up top. Fast bike and nimble as can be in traffic but tough and can take curb drops and manhole covers etc..

Old 04-26-2008, 12:20 PM

i also have a klein mountain bike, a klein attidude which i did in all xtr components. i think is a 2001 model

Old 04-26-2008, 12:35 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Have a trek mountain and a Cannondale road. And I have to be honest, except in the neighborhood I have not had a chance to get out there yet!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 PM

all we did this weekend is gardening and clean up but next trip will be devoted to finding some local places to ride.. there may be a 6 mile or so paved path around promised land state parks lake

hat ,,,,ill let you know what we find

Old 04-26-2008, 02:44 PM

10 posts, read 50,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
all we did this weekend is gardening and clean up but next trip will be devoted to finding some local places to ride.. there may be a 6 mile or so paved path around promised land state parks lake

hat ,,,,ill let you know what we find
Promised land is Great! Cedar Bike will be hosting a ride day there really soon. I will post it when the date is confirmed. It's a very nice family day for all. Here's the link to the map of the park.
Pennsylvania State Parks - Promised Land Maps - PA DCNR
You can get the maps for any SP in pa there also...

NEPMTBA hosts a Tuesday Night MTB ride on trails at Frances Slocum State Park at 6pm every week. Everyone is welcome! We have a ride leader for each group: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert. We don't ever drop anyone and we also have a group that hikes the trails if you just wanna walk. Followed by a meal at the Checkerboard Inn. Usual turnout is between 30 & 40 people. We are the group assigned by the park who maintains the trails with 2 certified trail builders on staff. Frances Slocum is a great State park, but then again every State park in our area is fantastic as we are really blessed to have so much so close. We have the support of Around Town bikes, B&B Bike, Cedar bike, Country Ski & Sport, Main Bike, New Milford Bike, and Plains Bike and the Mt. Biking community.

We have more rides in Lackawanna, Gouldsboro/Tobyhanna, and Prompton state parks and Merli Sarnoski, 7 Tubs county parks as well as many other places to ride. There are also great trails in the Lackawanna State Forest in Mt Top, Pa. If rail trails are to your liking the Back Mt, Luzerne Co, D&H/O&W, Greater Hazelton RTs and the Luzerne Co level system(paved) are there for the using. We are the largest group in NEPA and we cover from Stroudsburg, Berwick, Hazelton and from New Milford to Honesdale.

NEPMTBA is helping build and plan the BMX track in Nanticoke at the waterfront park with Mt bike trails too.

The Bicycle Club with a Riding Problem... Come join us for great family fun!
nepmtba

Old 04-26-2008, 03:31 PM

is promised land suitable on the paved roads for road bikes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania