Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 11:39 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
but he's only posted once.

Hindsight, since he hasn't been back at all I doubt he (or she) was serious but how do find other posts on a one time poster?

(boy, is this getting off-topic, but I'd really like to know as it's happened before where someone keeps getting new id's and being rude/lazy/whatever. others seem to pick up on it and I'm left feeling rather clueless)
While many of these questions might sound stupid, we desperately need new posters. Many of us made stupid mistakes when we first posted. Some of us still make plenty of stupid mistakes. It takes time to learn how to frame the questions we want to ask and not all of us are experts the first time out. Some of us have had our post deleted by our moderator and some of us have had temporary suspensions.

I would prefer if we simply welcomed new posters and and gave them some slack. Even on this question of pre-fab and modular cabins, many of our residents are looking for smaller and one floor housing as they age and they do not want to maintain the 'castle'.

I just wished that we could encourage new posters to clarify their questions and then try to help them as much as possible. A little fresh perspective on here would not hurt anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 03:17 PM

107 posts, read 46,839 times
Slow day on the forum if people are going decipher, and question a posters looking for advise.

Old 01-18-2021, 03:45 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I just wished that we could encourage new posters to clarify their questions and then try to help them as much as possible. A little fresh perspective on here would not hurt anything!

There is a sticky post at the top of the forum....if they fail to read it first nothing we can do about that....

Old 01-18-2021, 04:07 PM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
The OP lists his Zip Code as 18428 which is Hawley in Wayne County, if that helps anyone give advice.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:06 AM

226 posts, read 158,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

Bingo...

If someone is researching
especially today with the availability of Google
there is no reason to ask such a generic vague question.

Narrow it down to help potential advisors.

Time is $$

Old 01-19-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDavid View Post
Bingo...

Time is $$
People make mistakes when they first post. Sometimes they ask questions like the OP. I just do not want to discourage people. We have lost some really good posters over the years. Sometimes they got in battles with other posters or with our moderator and were kicked off or simply left.

There is nothing wrong with another opinion. It is the only way we can grow. We live in a very divided society right now and we need to learn how to listen to come together.

I will try to help any newbie that wants to give this forum a try. All they have to do is ask.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:50 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDavid View Post
Bingo...

Time is $$
Time isn't money. Time is life. Helping people is a good way to spend it, IMHO.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:19 AM

487 posts, read 1,374,529 times
I recall that there was a log home builder in Greentown on Route 507....Luck Log Homes. I have no idea if they are still there, but it's worth a try.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:22 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Last I heard, the Pocono Home Show is still being held in March at Kalahari. Might be worth attending to see if an exhibitors build pre-fab cabins or if they can give a referral for someone who does.

Old 01-19-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Last I heard, the Pocono Home Show is still being held in March at Kalahari. Might be worth attending to see if an exhibitors build pre-fab cabins or if they can give a referral for someone who does.
As we age many of us are looking for smaller, one floor homes. My sister is currently looking, but they are not that easy to come by and even small homes can have big price tags. Finding a location is another problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: