Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Coffee before you leave, on me and firm handshake to send on your way down the road of life. I'm actually proud of you Paul for taking this step. You'll be back like the rest of us have sooner or later, but most importantly your getting out and your going to see the world. That will undoubtly change your perspective on many things in life.

I now have more time to pursue some of my ventures and I'm looking forward to 2009. When I pop out of the mouth of the Susquehanna in Havre De Grace Maryland you can bring me a coffee.
Well considering the first and only time I ever tried coffee was at Zummo's a few months ago when I nearly scorched my tongue off it's safe to say I'm forever a water drinker (even if my inevitable latte-sipping liberal DC friends ostracize me for it). Let's do milk shakes instead at the new Manning's over in West Side (once Lent is over as I gave up ice cream) and invite others who are interested along as well.

2009 will hopefully be a much better year for all of us. 2008 brought the deaths of my grandmother, my lifelong pastor, my beloved dog, several friends, and the tearful ending of a long-term relationship. 2009 will be a year of rebirth in many ways for me---new career path, new state, new apartment, new friends, new neighbors, and maybe even new romance? We shall see.

I know you've had a rough 2008 as well, so hopefully 2009 is better for you too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:17 PM

12 posts, read 21,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Don't ask me how I stumbled upon this thread tonight while doing a completely unrelated search on local demographics for a fictitious business plan for my small business management class, but I just took the time to read through all of it, and I honestly teared up a little. Just under one year ago I was still very optimistic about living my "dream life" in the Electric City, and now here I am searching for one-bedroom apartments on CraigsList in Northern Virginia that have monthly price tags the equivalent of most mortgages here in NEPA.

I wonder whatever happened to our old pal JB74. I'm also ashamed of myself for making fun of Rosie O'Donnell's rather "handsome" appearance. I'm really going to miss our valley when I'm four hours "down da line." However, I know that this is ultimately what's best for my professional endeavors. Most importantly I can't believe how civilized weluvpa and I now are to one another after a VERY tumultuous start where we were often at one another's throats. It's amazing how quickly some of us mature.
Well, since you asked...I am still in SC. At one point I was very close to moving. My wife is the one who's really scared to move. I'd pack up and go the next day. I still hate certain things about "the south," but life goes on. I still believe one day we'll make another move, maybe. I'm glad to see that you are doing well. I still appreciate all that you do and wish you well with your new experiences.

Stuck in the south,
JB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania