Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I heard that Stop & Shop is going to merge with A&P. The new name of the stores will be Stop & P

%#@&!*!!!!!! What's with you Wiley?? Everytime I have coffee here you make me spill it or spit it all over my computer!!!

ROFLMAO!!! I have to tell my friends up in NY that one!! They shop at Stop & Shop!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:00 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
The one by Wal-Mart is staying open; that one is a gold mine!
Frequented no doubt by the same people who go to Wal-Mart to save money...

Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
%#@&!*!!!!!! What's with you Wiley?? Everytime I have coffee here you make me spill it or spit it all over my computer!!!

ROFLMAO!!! I have to tell my friends up in NY that one!! They shop at Stop & Shop!!!
Sorry George . I feel it's my duty to make people smile or laugh in the AM - give you all a nice start to your day... plus I own stock in that little Tide Stick thing

Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
It is a sign of the times sadly. This morning GM is taking away retirees health benefits and not giving it to the ones that they are forcing out.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:08 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Yes. That beautiful new building they just built late last year along Route 309 will be vacant in a few months. Perhaps a Curry Donuts or Dunkin' Donuts will snatch it up? I drive through Dallas quite frequently, and I never saw that place packed by any means. The one by Wal-Mart is staying open; that one is a gold mine!
Nah, there's already a Curry Donuts across the street from the Starbucks (may be up the street a block or so). I wonder what they'll put there...and I wonder what they're building next to the Burger King on 309 in Shavertown too....anyone know what that's going to be?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:10 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff18wife View Post
Now you have me wondering why, over on Route 23 in Franklin, NJ, the knocked down a perfectly good Dairy Queen to build a brand new Starbucks??? And they were supposed to be putting one in the A&P in Vernon...not sure if it ever got done...haven't been in there in a few months.
They knocked down that Dairy Queen?! Are you talking about the one on 23 next to the bowling alley? Jeez...is nothing sacred anymore?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:25 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,626,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
More like a status symbol...I make my own. I have one of those one cuppers - Kreurig (sp?). It's great! You can get Green Mountain, Newmans, some names I've never heard of..lol : ) Down side is, trying to find places that sell the coffee cartdriges for them. Bed Bath Beyond seems to be the only store that sells them.

I've used starbucks as more of a meeting hall than anything. Its an easy, neutral atmosphere where you can actually speak to each other, grab a table and not be bothered. I've used it for a meeting place for people I meet online and need to meet them in person, like a few musicians I met there after speaking through e-mail. The $5 i spend for those meetings is sort of like a convenience fee to use their dining room. Unlike meeting at a restaurant you aren't locked in until the check comes. I've met with a few people that I was quite happy that I only had to finish my small drink and make an excuse to leave

Let me also tailgate on here to mention NEPA has a much stronger local music scene than phoenix.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:07 AM

57 posts, read 106,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
A & P isn't around any more. I used to like shopping there.
I'm living in Maryland now, and all of the A&P stores here changed their name to SuperFresh years ago but it's the same company. It looks like the nearest stores to NEPA now are in the Allentown area. When I was a kid, we used to walk to the little A&P on the Avenue in downtown Wyoming before they moved to the big store by the Midway Shopping Center, which is now a Gerrity's.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Frequented no doubt by the same people who go to Wal-Mart to save money...

makes complete sense! $5.00 Wally Crocks...you save $25.00 buying the fake ones..that's 3 LATTES!!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPandy View Post
I'm living in Maryland now, and all of the A&P stores here changed their name to SuperFresh years ago but it's the same company. It looks like the nearest stores to NEPA now are in the Allentown area. When I was a kid, we used to walk to the little A&P on the Avenue in downtown Wyoming before they moved to the big store by the Midway Shopping Center, which is now a Gerrity's.
Hummm..that was my knickname my mum had for me when I was wee. I always thought it was a term of endearment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania