Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:12 AM

8 posts, read 28,424 times

Advertisements

Yes it is a vacation home. Thanks. we cant wait to use it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,942 times
Hello All !
we are looking to buy a vacation/retirement home in PA. Arrowhead Lakes looks like a nice community.
Any feedback from people who live there would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queen67 View Post
Hello All !
we are looking to buy a vacation/retirement home in PA. Arrowhead Lakes looks like a nice community.
Any feedback from people who live there would be greatly appreciated!
Why would you wanna do that for .. ?

High dues and tax's . In the winter the roads leading to and from the gates are horrible ..
Then its a 1/2 hr to any shopping .. if you decide to sell there is no big return on your investment .. Your better off outside of a community IMO .... (if you never lived in one then I guess you'll have to learn for yourself ) Most of the time you cant swim in the lakes because of high bacteria levels .. The pools are FILLED with kids in the summer ... Cant have a pool of your own or a fence around your house ... I would get a rulebook from the community and read it over very good . There are a LOT of rules you must follow ... I dont know about you But I dont want anyone telling me what I can and cant do with my own house ... Oh and the fine print will tell you you dont OWN the land under your house ... The community owns it .. Enjoy...

Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Oh yes, rules. While at Arrowhead, we asked the landlord about a few dead trees on the property. She told us to take them down. So we did. and she got fined. They were small and dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time, my son, daughter-in-law and 2 young granddaughters were staying with me. We had a long, long day at Knoebles. As we neared the gate, the kids woke up and started to cry their eyes out. I went in the gate and didn't see my son behind me so I turned around. He and his wife were searching for their card, the kids crying, everyone tired and hungry. So I just used my card to get them in for the night. They froze my card and I had one helluva time getting it all fixed.
There are other things but they escape my memory right now. The second house I rented there temporarily has quite a story. I rented it while looking for a place to come back to on LI. If you ever want a good read, let me know. I had the ultimate landlord from hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania