Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
LOL! Catty queens? I don't get that vibe from New Hope at all. I love it there....I think you will love it...so many neat shops there, and a very "new age-y" feel to it.
LOL!! I'm sure we will Enya!! The ones I talked to were the ones running the B&B's there when I was looking for lodging 2 months back. I'm sure they're not what everyone there is like!!

One B&B I called, the simpering guy picks up the phone. I say "good morning", he comes back with "we're VERY busy now...what did you want?"!!!

I told him basically what he could do with his over-priced "luxurious tower room w/fireplace, hand-stitched star-pattern quilt & period antiques"!!!

The other B&B was just as rude. But you know me...I don't judge the town by it's idiots!! I'm sure we'll have fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,671,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Ooooo!!! We'll be in New Hope next month before heading to NEPA....I'll have to keep my eyes peeled!!
Oh I love New Hope.At one of the B&B's there we gave an overnight as a gift to our daughter. Fox and Hound something like that (?) It was their first B&B stay and they loved it. Those people were wonderful to them.
We always have fun going from shop to shop in New Hope. Hopefully, you will get to the Peddlers Village........just up one road a small tad. All those cute shops.......Gosh, and at Christmas time.
Your all making me pine for some nice homegrown wine. We have here Cherry Valley Wines just up the way......I must stop there for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh I love New Hope.At one of the B&B's there we gave an overnight as a gift to our daughter. Fox and Hound something like that (?) It was their first B&B stay and they loved it. Those people were wonderful to them.
We always have fun going from shop to shop in New Hope. Hopefully, you will get to the Peddlers Village........just up one road a small tad. All those cute shops.......Gosh, and at Christmas time.
Your all making me pine for some nice homegrown wine. We have here Cherry Valley Wines just up the way......I must stop there for Thanksgiving.
Yes, it's The Fox & Hound. They didn't allow pets, so I didn't call them. Yep...we're starting to get excited!! Less than a month away & so much to get ready before we go!!

I got 2 more pair of long pants (I only own 1) & 2 hats, a scarf & 2 pair of shoes (all I have is 1 pair of sneakers...the rest are sandals & I KNOW that won't cut it!!)

We can't wait!! I've been humming Xmas carols already!!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:23 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,671,723 times
I stayed in New Hope at a very Spanish looking place.............I think it even had a Spanish name.
Lots of stucco. Cute and charming, nice courtyard.
I loved all the courtyards and everyone sitting outside eating.....You won't see that I imagine. But I bet the lights will all be on, and the town is just charming and delightful..........
Let it Snow``````` Let It Snow~~~~~~ Let it Snow`````````
( the word delightful did that to me......)

Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,131,008 times
Quote:
I stayed in New Hope at a very Spanish looking place.............I think it even had a Spanish name.
Lots of stucco. Cute and charming, nice courtyard.
I loved all the courtyards and everyone sitting outside eating.....You won't see that I imagine. But I bet the lights will all be on, and the town is just charming and delightful..........
Let it Snow``````` Let It Snow~~~~~~ Let it Snow`````````
( the word delightful did that to me......)

thats funny...I stood there once..it's called the hacienda....we have been going to new hope for about 20 something years...

Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Small world! My parents stayed at the Fox and the Hound for a romantic getaway and loved it! I'm actually surprised my father loves New Hope so much given how "liberal" it is (if you catch my drift).

Old 11-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
I'm more of a fruity person myself
Really? I never would have guessed. I know of some fine-looking gals you'd be sure to get along well with!

Old 11-25-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
nice and smooth and fruity...only about $8.99
Just like me! (Sorry about the string of cheesy jokes. I'm trying to "repent" for the brou-ha-ha in the Talkback 16 Online thread!)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
This time of year, well for Thanksgiving a new wine comes out. Usually a week before Thanksgiving. Beaujolais Noveau. For the last 2 years I have tried to buy it the day before Thanksgiving and the liquor store is always sold out. You have to buy the year your in or the wine isnt good. So off I go to buy this wine. It better be as good as I was informed!!!

Anyone ever drink this wine??
The quality varies from year to year. This years is pretty decent. I've had the G. Duboeuf, it had a lot of mango/bannana to it. It's a decent wine to offer with turkey, although will never be my first choice. And you are very correct, this one has to be consumed very young. Next year it will be good for salad dressing, not much else.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
I have had it before...a french wine...didn't care for it...they have other wines for thanksgiving...like spiced apple...this winery has a cranberry
white cayuga...it's sparkling wine...if you want a good red...try yellow tail shiraz...or merlot...
this winery also has some good reds...coal miners red..is semi sweet...
I hope you are kidding about any of those wines being "good." Fair at best, downright swill might be more accurate in some cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania