Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,329 times

Advertisements

Is everybody staying warm and cozy today?? It's going to be a frigid week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
I know.....it's going down in the 40's towards the end of the week!!!

(Jungle George runs like hell to avoid being pelted with tomatoes & assorted projectiles....)

Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 PM

109 posts, read 367,026 times
Yes, I went out earlier today, but the sun helped take the bite out of the cold.

Later this week is supposed to be arctic...I had a well check scheduled for the baby on Thursday, and I rescheduled for next week. Who wants to bundle a baby up to head out in sub zero temps....I just hope it gets more seasonal (i.e. 30's or so) soon!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM

287 posts, read 549,353 times
So I should appreciate the fact that moving right after Christmas didn't work out and I'm still here in VA, right? lol

The s.o. keeps telling me about snowplows and iceskating down the road. Is it really that bad?!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM

755 posts, read 2,334,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle george View Post
i know.....it's going down in the 40's towards the end of the week!!!

(jungle george runs like hell to avoid being pelted with tomatoes & assorted projectiles....)

run george run.......

Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM

755 posts, read 2,334,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
So I should appreciate the fact that moving right after Christmas didn't work out and I'm still here in VA, right? lol

The s.o. keeps telling me about snowplows and iceskating down the road. Is it really that bad?!
Depends on what town you're moving to...some are better than others. I'm in Shohola and there are times that I find the township roads are plowed way better than the state roads. Go figure..then again from what I hear I84 is THE priority as opposed to other state roads. Good luck with your move!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM

109 posts, read 367,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff18wife View Post
Depends on what town you're moving to...some are better than others. I'm in Shohola and there are times that I find the township roads are plowed way better than the state roads. Go figure..then again from what I hear I84 is THE priority as opposed to other state roads. Good luck with your move!!!

Yes the road condition will vary from town to town. As a former Scrantonian, I can personally attest to the poor snow removal in the city. I now live in the Midvalley area and the roads are very well salted and plowed. I am very pleased! But with the temps we are in for this week (Thursday has a high of 10)...I don't think salt will be much help if it snows.

VA is certainly a better climate...but PA has its perks too. Best wishes on your move.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 PM

287 posts, read 549,353 times
Thanks guys. We're moving to the Scranton area. My s.o. lives in Throop right now, but is from Blakely. Thankfully, I'll be moving to the area in either April or June (probably June, as I'd like my daughter to finish out the school year) so I guess I'll be able to get used to the temps gradually going down in fall/winter instead of jumping into it now!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,401,308 times
Looks like the end of this week will be a good time to fire up the slow cooker and make a big pot of chili and some cornbread!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:00 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,329 times
chili sounds good. I have the slow cooker but never made chili... what do you put in yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania