Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,587,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Wings and shots at the Donkey, the Cracker Barrel !!!! Since losing my man almost 3 years ago, I am thinking about getting back into the dating scene. Is this what I have to look forward to ????
Sounds like a wonderful date to me! I guess it depends on if you're into all the mushy, gushy romantic stuff and fancy restaurants, etc. or more laid back and casual. I'm more the latter myself, so wings and shots would work for me Anyway, if there's really a connection, the date should be great, no matter where you are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 AM

32,621 posts, read 77,695,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
LOLOL!!! Me too!!

Hey Commish...if this girl's that special & you've done the typical dates you mentioned, why don't you "sneakily" find out a "special" thing she's wanted to do or likes & then take the ball & run!!

Hey ScranBarre...you went to NYC when I was heading up to NEPA in December & I forgot to ask how it was & where ya went!! Did ya like a NYC Xmas???
Hey George! NYC was awesome! We scoped out Brooklyn Heights and dined at a wonderful little Italian place called "La Traviata" for lunch. I actually posted photos of my little excursion here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...Heights+photos

We enjoyed the ease of the subway system, seeing Rockefeller Center, and just being immersed in the overall "energy" that emanates throughout "da city dat never sleeps!" (No, I don't mean Scranhattan either! LOL!) My only negative on this trip was when I was kicked out of the Met for making a brief phone call asking the rest of my party where they were located within the museum after becoming separated to take photos. I didn't see signs anywhere prohibiting cell phone usage, so imagine my surprise when some angry middle-aged curator rose his voice and bullied me out! YIKES!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 AM

32,621 posts, read 77,695,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Sounds like a wonderful date to me! I guess it depends on if you're into all the mushy, gushy romantic stuff and fancy restaurants, etc. or more laid back and casual. I'm more the latter myself, so wings and shots would work for me Anyway, if there's really a connection, the date should be great, no matter where you are
You're not the type of girl that burps in public too, are you?!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You're not the type of girl that burps in public too, are you?!
.............. (lol, no!)

Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 AM

32,968 posts, read 36,456,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Take her to the Donkey for wings and shots.
Yes, but not until after bowling!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,404,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
OK .....Romance IN Nepa....not out of NEPA!!!

After 26 years of marriage, going to Cracker Barrel is enough for me! LOL!!!!
I LOVE Cracker Barrel! My ultimate date would be dinner AND a some money to buy a few things in the gift shop! LOL!

Carriage ride in Central Park sounds nice too though!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM

7 posts, read 23,269 times
Just to say...as a professional female in her late twenties...My main question is not where to go while ON a date but where to go to find SOMEONE to date...I honestly am having the hardest time knowing where to go to find professional, intelligent men in NEPA....where is a good place to find them? Then, I would love to take on these suggestions but honestly, wings?? Not exactly my idea of a "Night out on the Town."

Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbaby View Post
Just to say...as a professional female in her late twenties...My main question is not where to go while ON a date but where to go to find SOMEONE to date...I honestly am having the hardest time knowing where to go to find professional, intelligent men in NEPA....where is a good place to find them? Then, I would love to take on these suggestions but honestly, wings?? Not exactly my idea of a "Night out on the Town."
Meetup.com has groups. I'm attending one of their group gatherings soon actually....I think I saw some singles groups on there too. Could also hang out at Barnes and Noble....bars that are closeby to office buildings at around happy hour time and look for the men in the business suits? lol. Ok I'm really reaching here.....

Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 AM

307 posts, read 769,850 times
I love to go to a comedy night at local restaurants. Also going bowling or playing pool ,(not very romantic but fun) Also double dates with friends, or a night of cards with friends, or alone. Hubby and I enjoy going to different ethnic restaurants. How about a double massage at a spa.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
OK .....Romance IN Nepa....not out of NEPA!!!

After 26 years of marriage, going to Cracker Barrel is enough for me! LOL!!!!
LOL...........Well I went to Cracker Barrel last week with Mr Summering, and ......By Gosh Oh Me that was not a romantic date.....
( I did shop in the shop area though.....that is fun)
I think he has to head out of town....I mean its not spring...Ya' just can't even go for a walk in the park...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania