Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 AM

539 posts, read 215,643 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to rent an apartment within 5-10 miles of Scranton. I've seen apts with heat included, with oil heat, and some with electric heat, no heat included. On a 1 bedroom, what will I be looking at for a monthly bill with electric heat? Does the electric co. here have budget billing? I saw one ad saying that the monthly electric bill was about $20. This seems ridiculous, maybe if you don't have an electric range, no air conditioner, no fridge and you work 2 jobs and are never home. Anybody help a guy out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,685 times
PP&L does have budget billing, but it's based on the previous year. If you're a renter, the previous tenant may have skyrocketed it on you, so you may want to wait a year before going on budget, just to establish your own usage patterns.

Rates vary wildly, depending on usage. My average bill is about $30-40/mo. for my 3 BR house this past year, a lot lower than last year, but I try to be a stickler about lights off when not in the room, I unplugged appliances I don't use, TV on a timer at night rather than on continuously, etc. There are also fewer people here now than before. This past winter, I relied pretty heavily on electric space heaters, and still never got higher than $95 on a bill. If you get cold, put on a sweater. My appliances are gas, so I don't know how your electric stove will up your bill.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM

36 posts, read 70,740 times
We used to have a 3BR ranch with about 1100 s.f. It also had electric heat. Our budget was 225 year around. If I had to guess, I'd say you'd be less than 100. We had our service with PP&L.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania