Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 06:39 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,903 times

Advertisements

When I was a kid, I used to LOVE that boxed pizza you get in the meat section of the stores - made by Nardone Bros.

Then again, when I was a kid, I used to like school pizza.

I bought Nardone Bros. a few years ago, thinking my kids would like it as much as I did - but then I saw it has AMERICAN instead of MOZZARELLA cheese on it.

That's.
Just.
Not.
Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
When I was a kid, I used to LOVE that boxed pizza you get in the meat section of the stores - made by Nardone Bros.

Then again, when I was a kid, I used to like school pizza.

I bought Nardone Bros. a few years ago, thinking my kids would like it as much as I did - but then I saw it has AMERICAN instead of MOZZARELLA cheese on it.

That's.
Just.
Not.
Right.
I still like Nardone's as a snack now and then. Nothing wrong with American cheese on pizza. Mozzarella is OK but overrated....unless its hot out of the oven, mozzarella is like a big piece of rubber.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,903 times
I guess it makes a difference if you hate American cheese...lol.

I actually like to mix mozzarella and cheddar on my pizza when I make it.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 8,550 times
authentic old forge pizza ( augustine's clun17) in sold @ proice chopper & giant. its partially cooked and you finish at home

Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times
Basilico’s Pizzeria Restaurant opens Clarks Summit location this week | News (http://www.timesleader.com/AbingtonJournal/news/Basilicos_Pizzeria_Restaurant_opensClarks_Summit_l ocation_this_week_.html - broken link)

now open in clarks summit..very good pizza...

Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by design123 View Post
I had some horrible pizza in pa , I originally from from new york, you guys in pa do not know how to make good pizza period. I had pizza where it wasnt even cook , doughy pizza, cheese not melted all the way, just horrible pizza...dont let me get into the discussion of bad customer service either, some of these business owners should go to school for that,what you (pizza guys) think that since ur the only game in town you can treat people the way you do?.....well like i said thats another discussion.............

I agree, it's terrible. I went to a very well know pizza place in Old Forge, and it was the worst muck i ever ate. Convenience store pizza is better than this stuff they were trying to peddle as pizza, it didn't even classify as food. I don't get it and i never will.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudNative View Post
OK, you know what, this remark is just rude and insulting.

And this is why "old timers" tell people like YOU to go back to where you came from. And what's funny is that probably a good portion of the pizza places around here are owned by PEOPLE WHO ORIGINALLY CAME FROM NEW YORK.

Every day at my work, during lunch break, this one "Long Island Lassie" would go on and on and on about how this stinks here, that stinks here, she's not letting these hick doctors touch her, the bagels are lousy, the coffee is lousy, she has to go "back home" to find a good dentist, there's nothing to do here, blah blah blah...

I got sick of it. This is MY HOME and I really get tired of so called "high class" people MOVING HERE and then DISSING the place.

I told her, and I'll tell you - if it's not good enough for you, you are MORE than encouraged - you are in fact BEGGED - to go back to your New York Utopia where things are OH so much BETTER.

I had that attitude when i moved here to, i even went so far as to drive my kids to the pediatrician in Jersey because i wasn't going to use the ones here. I relaxed over the years and found a pediatrician here and he was just fine. I guess it takes some time to adjust. The one thing i can't adjust to is the pizza and the bagels, they really are better in Jersey and New York, there is nothing like them. I will never, ever like Old Forge pizza and as far as bagels go, i haven't found a decent one yet. Now i'm not a kielbasi eater, i can take it or leave it, but i did try kielbasi from Kaminskys, which i think is in Taylor or Old Forge, but i bought it at Bills Shoprite in Daleville, and it's the best stuff i ever had, i will never eat hillshire farms after having that. So some things here are better than Jersey has, because i never tasted kielbasi like that in Jersey. Just not the pizza and bagels.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Pizza is very subjective.....personally I like both NY and Old Forge style, depends on what I'm in the mood for. Given a choice, I'd pick Old Forge, but I need to break up the monotony once in a while with a round pizza.

But I agree with the one poster who complained about some NY people who move here with the attitude that everything in NY is superior to PA. If that's the case, why did they ever leave NY?

Then again, isn't this thread an exact carbon copy of the 10 other pizza threads in this forum?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM

One type of pizza I wish I could find in NEPA is thin-crust Chicago style pizza (no, not the deep dish pizza that Chicago is more well known for.) Its round with a very thin crust and is cut into squares. I've had it in Indiana and its great....a welcome break from either NY style or Old Forge pizza.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-01-2009 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: copyrighted picture - sorry

Old 10-01-2009, 01:07 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
I'm pretty much the same way, I don't get it. Never have.

On thing I always was curious about, with all the Italian heritage in Pittston, what do people from there think of Old Forge style Pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania