Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM

267 posts, read 765,293 times

Advertisements

Don't forget to go see the HolidayTrain at Steamtown at 5:30
stea Events - Canadian Pacific Railway`s 2009 Holiday Train

or

Canadian Pacific Railway
U.S. North East schedule (http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+Public/Holiday+Train/Schedules/US+North+East+schedule.htm - broken link)

For the 10th consecutive year, the Canadian Pacific Railway will begin its U.S. Holiday Train tour event from downtown Scranton! Steamtown National Historic Site proudly partners with the Canadian Pacific Railway to promote awareness of the need to help stock food banks in local communities year-round, and especially at this most wonderful time of the year! Bring along non-perishable food items - better yet, cash donations increase the buying-power of the food banks - and enjoy the free entertainment and holiday festivities!

Last edited by Avoca resident; 11-27-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 03:30 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,533 times
We are biooked for the 5th~

Old 11-28-2009, 02:10 PM

41 posts, read 124,315 times
We're going tonight. The food is all packed up in the back of the car. We're just killing time right now until it's time for us to leave.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
OH that would be so much fun........I don't see any dates listed past the 28th though.........Beautiful train.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 PM

159 posts, read 318,121 times
I have gone almost every year that it has come. I knew that every year it grew, but tonight was unbelievable. It was HUGE! There were hundreds if not a thousand people there! The results of the collection must have been amazing! It was a great time!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:43 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
OH that would be so much fun........I don't see any dates listed past the 28th though.........Beautiful train.
I think it is the same train...all I know is I have tickets for the 5th and can not wait...

Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Electric-City View Post
I have gone almost every year that it has come. I knew that every year it grew, but tonight was unbelievable. It was HUGE! There were hundreds if not a thousand people there! The results of the collection must have been amazing! It was a great time!

I showed up a little past 5:30 and could not even get a parking spot at Steamtown! We have been going for the past 6 years and this crowd was amazing. I remember 6 years ago and being a little embarrassed that not many people showed up to see the train here in Scranton.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I think it is the same train...all I know is I have tickets for the 5th and can not wait...
Why am I not seeing that on the Holiday Train schedule?
I'd love to have gone with all the little fellows. Can someone post me real, real, early next year so I can book that........Please......
The boys love, love, trains and they would be in awe!!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Why am I not seeing that on the Holiday Train schedule?
I'd love to have gone with all the little fellows. Can someone post me real, real, early next year so I can book that........Please......
The boys love, love, trains and they would be in awe!!

It is usually in Scranton on Thanksgiving Day weekend.

Here is an article from the Scranton Times.http://www.scrantontimes.com/news/holiday_train_spreads_cheer_raises_donations_for_f ood_and_money (broken link)

Last edited by Avoca resident; 11-29-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM

99 posts, read 235,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I think you're talking about the Steamtown rail excursion to ride the train? That's a different thing.

We went to see the Holiday Train and had an awesome time as always! We didn't see much of Santa though, just waving out the window as they were leaving. We were hoping for candy canes and whistles again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania