Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 AM

198 posts, read 358,436 times

Advertisements

Hello. I read these boards occasionally and have gained some great information about the area from doing so, but have never felt the need to post until now. I'm looking for recommendations on a couple services in the area, and I know you all come up with great suggestions based on your experiences, so I thought this would be the perfect place to ask.

The first thing I'm looking for is a house cleaning/maid service. We just moved to a single family home in the Reston/Herndon area. With a baby on the way, we're looking for somebody to provide reliable service with the assurance that the products used will be safe for baby. I'm open to the franchise companies (Merry Maids, The Cleaning Authority, Maid Brigade, etc.) or a smaller company, but would like to hear some first-hand experiences and reviews before choosing which places to contact for estimates.

In some ways, I think the franchise might be better since many of them use a "team" approach which means the service wouldn't take as long as having an individual doing the work, but I'll consider anybody that is trustworthy and offers good service at a fair price.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I'll post my other request for recommendations in a separate thread since they are totally unrelated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 AM

83 posts, read 195,501 times
We live in Reston and have used Merry Maids for years. (This particular location is based in Manassas.) They have consistently done a good (not great) job. The main reasons we went with them was because of the team approach -- I work at home with 2 small kids and want the cleaning done as soon as possible -- and because of their price. There are other services (or individuals) that might do a better job, but for the price I've been very pleased.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM

djmont - Thanks for the quick reply. It sounds like you have a similar situation with time, small children, location, etc. so I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the Merry Maids service. I'll contact them for an estimate.

Still open to other suggestions as well if anybody has more input!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:20 AM

1,449 posts, read 3,172,868 times
I use a nice woman who cleans a couple of my other neighbor's homes. She sometimes comes alone, but sometimes brings a friend. We pay $75/cleaning, but we have a 2 BR TH - they would likely charge more for a SFH.

Let me know if you would like her number - I can send you her info by private message.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM

20 posts, read 109,444 times
We used Eco Maid for a community service project where we helped clean a shool that housed a day care - the company used eco friendly products. They are a family owned business and do a great job. I have lots of other resources for other services - you can send me a private message if you like. The-EcoMaid.com

Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'll look into these options.

Have a good day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia