Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 08:43 PM

56 posts, read 160,065 times

Advertisements

Some of you might have seen my previous thread about relocating to DC/NoVa (still very undecided!).

I'm trying to organize a short trip to look for accommodation but my relocation package is very small and I'm struggling to find a reasonably priced hotel/motel.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay for less than $100 per night (the cheaper the better!)... a hotel, motel, B&B, small room to rent? A clean room without bugs near any Metro station will do in either VA/MD/DC.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,968,297 times
If you're feeling adventurous, Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb ?

Else, Kayak tells me this one is around $75/night the first week of August (random dates), and would put you in Old Town, walking distance to the metro (albeit a long walk):

Travelodge
700 North Washington St
Washington St and Wythe St
Alexandria, VA 22314 US

Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,732,829 times
If you are up for hosteling (??) the HI in Washington DC is pretty good.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 PM

Wow! I'd never heard of Airbnb but am absolutely LOVING it! Thanks so much for the tip!

My problem with the Travelodge is finding a non-smoking room.

Anyway, Airbnb looks perfect -- plus what a great way to gain some well-needed local knowledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
If you're feeling adventurous, Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb ?

Else, Kayak tells me this one is around $75/night the first week of August (random dates), and would put you in Old Town, walking distance to the metro (albeit a long walk):

Travelodge
700 North Washington St
Washington St and Wythe St
Alexandria, VA 22314 US

Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 PM

I tried searching for hostels in the area but came up blank so thanks for the link! It's been many years since my backpacking days so I'm obviously a bit rusty, but this will make for a good back up if I can't find anything on Airbnb. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFish View Post
If you are up for hosteling (??) the HI in Washington DC is pretty good.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,841,585 times
How close to the Metro do you have to be? There is a hotel in Vienna called the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel. Glamourous, it is not. But it is adequate. It's about 1 mile to the Vienna Metro. We stayed there when we had fleas in our house and it was fine. I wouldn't recommend it for a luxurious stay, but it has the basic amenities, and is in a very nice neighborhood, and you can even walk to some places. It looks like you can get a hotel room during the week for $72. That's when the rooms are most expensive in DC. During the weekend you can stay at a Marriott for that price, but the weekdays are pricey.

Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel ? Heart of Suburban Fairfax County - Virginia hotel Tysons Corner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia