Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:11 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,881,650 times

Advertisements

I hate it that Whole Foods went mainstream. I miss my hippy-dippy Whole Foods (and Wild Oats - especially the WO 'People's Market' in Evanston, IL). Heck, at the WF in this area you can't even get FAKE BEEF JERKY. What kind of natural foods store doesn't carry seitan/soy/TVP jerky??? (Interestingly, my parents' WF in Sarasota, FL carries the stuff.) But most of all I miss Clovers (both locations) in Columbia, MO. Actually, I'm glad for Clovers that natural foods ('organic' foods in the popular parlance, even if the particular natural food in question isn't technically organic) have become trendy.. IIRC, the owners have moved up from their hippie bungalow into a McMansion. Whatever makes them happy, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACWhite View Post
Me too - I think you are referring to Remy's Rap:

YouTube - ‪Arlington: The Rap‬‏
"We could take the Green Line... tsssssss...umm..." LOL.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 AM

738 posts, read 2,957,854 times
Haha - that was hilarious, hadn't seen it before.

I don't know if it's more sad that someone actually took the time to make a rap video like this, or that I actually found it funny

Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,946,898 times
That is pretty funny! I always laugh when I see a smart car and if I am going to see one, the odds are good that I will when I go to Whole Foods or in the area around it!

I don't have too many issues going to the Reston Whole Foods but then again I go first thing in the morning right when they open. I wish there was a much closer location though.

The Arlington rap is pretty good too - I guess a city is officially on the map when they have a Cheesecake Factory!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 PM

373 posts, read 821,516 times
This parking lot looks like the Whole Foods in Clarendon. I made the mistake ONCE of going at 1pm to grab a quick salad, and I waited in the line of cars to pull into the lot for a good 10 minutes. And I didn't leave, so I guess I'm just as bad as the people this video mocks. I find that the WF in Old Town Alexandria generally has okay parking (the key is to head immediately to the back side of the garage), and it has by far the best salad bar in the area.

Oh, and Arlington Rap never stops being funny. Never.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,685,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiketsu View Post
Oh, and Arlington Rap never stops being funny. Never.
That's right. We should make it standard fare for everyone who comes here wanting advice on moving to Arlington .

Old 06-18-2011, 05:32 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,095,161 times
When are we going to see a Weggies Rap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia