Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:32 PM

37 posts, read 150,882 times

Advertisements

I am looking for somewhere to get my hair cut and highlighted. I'm a teacher so I don't have unlimited funds. I live in Falls Church about two miles southeast of Tyson's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 10:58 AM

165 posts, read 533,234 times
Try PR @ Partners, they have a location in Arlington. I go there and love them, but still spend $50 to $60 on a cut and $120 on highlights. If that's still too pricey, maybe Bubbles or a Hair Cuttery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenetanar View Post
I am looking for somewhere to get my hair cut and highlighted. I'm a teacher so I don't have unlimited funds. I live in Falls Church about two miles southeast of Tyson's.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:28 PM

786 posts, read 4,732,192 times
I find that unless you are willing to pay about $50 or more for your haircut here in NVA the person cutting your hair will be an immigrant with poor language skills. They are usually nice people but hard to talk to and many are more familiar with how hair is cut back in Asia.

I would be interested in knowing where to go also.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM

7 posts, read 30,630 times
Default immigrants=little English??

well....don't assume all immigrants speak bad English. A lot of the hairstylists in Asian salons have been living in the US for a long time. That's true they probably know more about cutting asian hairs, but you can give them a try!

"Beauty Salon" on Washington St. Rockville MD"-you can get a cut for $35 ...I dunno much about perming or coloring.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,709 times
A friend of mine had a terrible experience at Bubbles. But you can have a good example or a bad example of any of the chain salons like Bubbles or Hair Cuttery.

I'll be looking for a good place in the Fair Lakes/Fair Oaks area once I'm there.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,611,373 times
It kinds of seems you get what you pay for. I got a cheap hair cut at Tyson's Corner, but to say it was the worst hair cut of my life would be an understatement. He didn't even get the back of my hair wet while shampooing!

I did find Jolie Laide in Bristow on my second attempt at a hair cut in the area. The girl knows exactly how i want my hair cut, styled and colored. It's not cheap. Just the cut is $55 plus tip.

So I suggest going with a smaller, local spa/salon rather than a chain.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 AM

73 posts, read 299,169 times
I go to Salon Cielo near Dupont Circle. They also have locations in VA, as well. Pretty reasonable prices.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 AM

352 posts, read 1,591,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanlev View Post
Try PR @ Partners, they have a location in Arlington. I go there and love them, but still spend $50 to $60 on a cut and $120 on highlights. If that's still too pricey, maybe Bubbles or a Hair Cuttery.
I second the recommendation for PR @ Partners...I use the location in Manassas and it's quite nice as well.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:34 AM

17 posts, read 73,352 times
I recommend PR@Partners as well. I have been going to the salon located in Oakton for about 6 years. They have a location in Tysons as well, near La Madeline. I pay $60 for hair cut. Color and cut would cost anywhere from $125-200 depending what you have done.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 11,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenetanar View Post

Go to the Hair Cuttery at Tysons Square near Marshalls! Ask for Ashley,,,she is an awesome colorist and the price it right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia