Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM

123 posts, read 410,102 times

Advertisements

Hi - I would like to get feedback on St. Paul's Kindergarten program from anyone attending the school this year? I know the school has changed quite a bit with new administration. Also I know they have gotten a batch of new teachers. I would appreciate any feedback as I am looking for a private kindergarten option for my son next year. The only other one I know of is Haymarket Baptist - but I am concerned about not getting in since he goes to a different preschool.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,729,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGstep View Post
Hi - I would like to get feedback on St. Paul's Kindergarten program from anyone attending the school this year?
I go there now! It's great! My teacher is pretty! ABCDEFG! Naps! Then snacks. But only if you are quiet! Can I go to the bathroom?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I go there now! It's great! My teacher is pretty! ABCDEFG! Naps! Then snacks. But only if you are quiet! Can I go to the bathroom?
???

Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,614,070 times
Why not use a public school in the area?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
Why not use a public school in the area?
Looking for a small class size. Also like the Christian aspect in schooling. Have considered public....can you give me any feedback on your experience with public school in Kindergarten? Especially for boys?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,614,070 times
I personally wouldn't pay $$ for my kid to learn the alphabet and to master gluing stuff on a page for kindergarten. I know kindergarten is more than that, but I'm just being realistic. Glenkirk has teacher assistants for the kindergarten classes. I'm guessing that's true for the other schools nearby.

Yes, the classes are large, but I don't feel my son's first year of school was hampered by that. Typically parents do get involved, so at times, there might be 3+ adults in the classroom assisting the children. With that said, I do believe you getting involved with your child at home with reading and homework puts them at a greater advantage overall.

Not sure why public school would be different for boys??

Old 11-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
I personally wouldn't pay $$ for my kid to learn the alphabet and to master gluing stuff on a page for kindergarten. I know kindergarten is more than that, but I'm just being realistic. Glenkirk has teacher assistants for the kindergarten classes. I'm guessing that's true for the other schools nearby.

Yes, the classes are large, but I don't feel my son's first year of school was hampered by that. Typically parents do get involved, so at times, there might be 3+ adults in the classroom assisting the children. With that said, I do believe you getting involved with your child at home with reading and homework puts them at a greater advantage overall.

Not sure why public school would be different for boys??
Heather72 - Thx for sharing your experience. Good to know about teaching assistants in classes.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 AM

100 posts, read 219,198 times
our child is in private school - research this particular school on a local message board that discusses only private education in DC area. Another option is to call Bishop O'Connell in Arlington and ask about Catholic education in the area.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,729,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGstep View Post
???
She'd asked for advice from "anyone attending this year"--which would mean a kindergartner. Hopefully someone out there got a chuckle.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 AM

722 posts, read 1,924,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca29 View Post
our child is in private school - research this particular school on a local message board that discusses only private education in DC area. Another option is to call Bishop O'Connell in Arlington and ask about Catholic education in the area.
But is the OP interested in Catholic, or a more general/non deominational Christian? IME, there are not too many options for Catholic Kindergarten in Western Prince William County (Haymarket/Gainesville/Bristow)--but there are some in Manassas.

There is a private Catholic school in Bristow, Linton Hall, that offers Kindergarten.
The local Catholic parish, Holy Trinity, does not have a parish school. Some parishoners send their kids to All Saints in Manassas (city).
There are a few smaller, private Catholic schools, that tend to be very conservative Catholic.
Renaissance Montessori in Manassas city and Good Shepard Academy in Manassas near I66 and Buisness 234 are two that come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia