Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM

10 posts, read 52,987 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if there are any outing places meaning malls, theaters, parks, playgroups in the are? We are scheduled to move out there and would hate to get there and have NOTHING to do unless I pack up in a car and drive an HOUR away. My kids go to playgroups were we currently live and have at least 4 parks near by along with many shopping centers... is culpeper similar or different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 02:57 PM

743 posts, read 3,899,713 times
Check out the lunch buffet at Poncho Villa's

As far as malls... I think they have a Wal-Mart :P no mall that I know of though

Old 08-31-2007, 04:13 PM

81 posts, read 356,851 times
Default things to do in culpeper

there are parks there. i know of 1 that is off of rt 522 in town, that is very nice. i have forgotten the name. in the summer there are also "concerts on the green" that are fun to do. i believe the tickets are $5, everyone goes there with food, and blankets or lawn chairs.

There is a very nice 4 movie theatre right in town, that always has current movies playing. My family and I live in Warrenton, but go there quite often preferring it over the large movie complexes elsewhere.

As for shopping, no mall yet, but there is a mall about 1/2 hour from Culpeper in Fredericksburg, also a mall in Charlottesville, which is about 1 hour away. There is plenty of shopping there, and more on the way. As of right now, there is a Belk, JCPenney, Target, Kohls, Lowes, and Super Walmart.

I am sorry I do not know about play groups there, but I do know that there are alot of younger families moving into the area so there is bound to be some.

I have also heard of a large complex coming to the area that will house an ice arena, as well as some shopping.

I hope this helps....

Old 09-04-2007, 04:39 PM

555 posts, read 2,701,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromheretothere View Post
Just wondering if there are any outing places meaning malls, theaters, parks, playgroups in the are? We are scheduled to move out there and would hate to get there and have NOTHING to do unless I pack up in a car and drive an HOUR away. My kids go to playgroups were we currently live and have at least 4 parks near by along with many shopping centers... is culpeper similar or different?
My wife and i had a baby last year and she jumped in to the local church kid groups. It seems she has some type of activity going on everyday and everynight. Culpeper is a nice small community, however there are no malls to speak of. Wal-mart and Target are the big stores in town, but it is growing and Charlottesville and Fredericksburg are within a 45 minute trip. Yowell park is a REALLY nice park with a walking trail and skate park, plus ball fields and pavilions.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Skyline drive is not very far...just go west for fun There is some great mountain biking in the area too.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 12,010 times
There is nothing to do out here! If you can just avoid moving in here if you can! There ae no malls, no big pools, and everything is old. If you want to watch a movie you have to go to this crappy OLD cinema that is REALLy small. If you were to put Culpeper and fun in the same sentence you would have to put the words IS NOT in between. I just moved in here 2 months ago and I can't satisfy my hunger for fun unless I get away from this hell hole.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Malls, pools, and movie theaters is how you define if an area is good to live in or not?

That's just weird.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 PM

982 posts, read 3,485,867 times
What to do in Culpeper....hmmm NOTHING. The only reason I can see living in Culpeper is affordability....but with all the money you spend travelling to "cool" places, you may as well just live in a "cool" place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromheretothere View Post

Old 10-02-2010, 08:08 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
We actually stopped in Culpeper on our way home from a trip (never been there as long as I've lived in the NoVa area), unfortunately it was a Monday and apparently that's when everything is closed. It does look like an interesting place to check out though, some interesting old architecture, shops, etc. - we'll probably do a day trip there to see what else is around (all we got to see were the Visitor Center, a hardware store (fun!), and and old-fashioned diner). As to living there, I can't see the attraction, but different strokes for different folks.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
There is a huge Roman Catholic retreat center in Boston which is right next to Culpeper. It serves the DC Metro Roman Catholic community, both religious and lay people. It is there because it is extremely quiet area at all times and one can see lots of stars at night. Its very calm and peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia