Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 02:29 PM

424 posts, read 1,479,930 times

Advertisements

..but no sign of an offer :-( What's the best way to stay positive and not spend most of the day thinking about "what to do next"?

Anything on the lighter side to keep the positive juices flowing?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:37 PM

92 posts, read 201,831 times
I guess the good news is that the average listing in the Washington DC metro area spends 103 days on the market (so half of them take longer than that to sell) and you are not even anywhere close to that yet.

This isn't 2003 any more. Stay patient, it's gonna take a while.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM

300 posts, read 607,178 times
I'm trying to get my house rented, and I just think "I only need ONE person to come by and really want it." It helps lower the stress for me, anyway (it only takes one person over the course of the next two months). Good luck!

Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM

100 posts, read 220,187 times
A dozen showings in two weeks sounds pretty good to me!

A couple of thoughts I hope are reassuring:

--At the very least, people want to see your house; something about the listing appeals to them. And if it appeals to them, other people will like it too.
--It's possible that someone who has already seen your house will eventually come back to see it again and make an offer.

I think part of enduring such a wait is being mentally prepared for there to be a wait. We're putting our condo on the market this spring, and while nothing would please me more than to sell it in less than two weeks (which sometimes happens in this complex), I am "prepared" for it to be on the market for 90 days. Sort of a randomly chosen number, but I guess it's because in theory I can handle the idea of a three-month wait. Longer than that seems very long.

Anyway, I do hope your buyer comes along soon, and I hope you're able to relax a bit until then.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,095,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vauser View Post
..but no sign of an offer :-( What's the best way to stay positive and not spend most of the day thinking about "what to do next"?
You've had many, many showings which is a good sign. I bet some people are thinking about your house, even if they haven't verbally said so.

And I think that the holiday time is one of the hardest times to sell a house?

You should be getting some bites soon enough, especially as Spring approaches.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM

424 posts, read 1,479,930 times
Strange.. After some showings, it is hard to even tell someone even swung by. No business cards, no sign of curtains moved, doors opened or anything at all. Assuming the agents are reluctant, for some reason, to drop their cards, what would be a good way to tell if someone did come?? I am unable to get that information conclusively from my agent (I understand someone has to re-register their card as an agent and if they didn't do it, we wouldn't know or something to that effect).

Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,094,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vauser View Post
Strange.. After some showings, it is hard to even tell someone even swung by. No business cards, no sign of curtains moved, doors opened or anything at all. Assuming the agents are reluctant, for some reason, to drop their cards, what would be a good way to tell if someone did come?? I am unable to get that information conclusively from my agent (I understand someone has to re-register their card as an agent and if they didn't do it, we wouldn't know or something to that effect).
There's a long weekend coming up, so you may see more traffic over the MLK weekend.

It's unpredictable - we sold a house in NoVa a few years ago and, after it had been on the market for a while, got a contract in the middle of winter. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:23 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,318,516 times
I like this video. At the end it talks about getting showings, but no offers...

Why Some Houses Sit While Other Houses Sell - YouTube

Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Put a web cam in your home. Just a thought.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM

265 posts, read 953,133 times
Has your agent followed up with the agents that showed the home? Hopefully you can get some feedback as that can tell you quite a bit of information. People may like what they see from the pictures online but not necessarily see the value in the home once they visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia