Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 PM

126 posts, read 189,885 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the many replies. Appreciated.

Is this town house a worth for $425? How about this builders?

http://www.tollbrothers.com/VA/Loudoun_Valley_-_The_Meadows/Barclay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,586,937 times
In my own personal opinion, we didn't care for that development in general when we were looking last fall. Too tightly packed in for our tastes for Loudoun county. Toll Brothers is a national builder, considered on the higher end of amenities and such. Build quality is more about the team building it, not the name on the brochure. Many if the same team members most likely have a resume that shows miller & smith, nv, van meter, etc.. The local talent pool. For example, we ended up with a different national builder out of Texas, but the GC is a long time local guy who's built for many of the others in the area over the past 15 years as well.

That being said, and again, just my own personal opinion here, I view the toll brothers badge price premium similar to a Lexus vs a Toyota. Nicer dash board, but much the same under pinnings in the ES to the Camry. Question is, is that dashboard worth the extra $20,000 to you, as both cars drive nearly identical. That TB development is a monster in size too. Before I'd commit to it, I'd look at what miller and smih has to offer as well. I'd also check out DR Hortons site at Alexander's Chase nearby. I think you'll find more square footage, similar finishes, and a little more of an intimate neighborhood size with both offerings for similar to less money. The DR Horton site has $55 HOA dues, very cheap in the market place out here. They don't have a pool to maintain 12 months a year. We were told when we were looking that most just join one of the many pools in Broadlands for the summer for like $300 bucks.
That was appealing to us..

Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,660,167 times
IMO I wouldn't. 2200 sq ft for a townhouse for 425 in the brambleton area is high. The most I would pay is 380 for a TH in this area.

Check out the pulte townhomes. Those are nice and won't break the bank.

The Overlook at Brambleton | Ashburn VA New Homes | Pulte Homes

Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 AM

126 posts, read 189,885 times
Thanks. $387 is the base price, but including upgrades it comes to $425K. There are two schools (elementary & middle) within a mile.

Last edited by rome99; 02-24-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,586,937 times
What kind of closing cost assistance are they offering you? Use their preferred lender, trust me. At rates today, anyone who's got a mortgage at these rates is going to have a ton of lenders over the next many years. NO lender is going to keep your mortgage for very long when rates go up. If theyre not offering at $10k, then I say keep looking...

Old 02-25-2012, 04:43 PM

982 posts, read 3,493,459 times
We must be visiting different parts of Ashburn...there's nothing "no man's land" about it. A lot of major employers in the area, Dulles airport, several town centers, and lots of very nice houses.

There are lots of people who buy townhouses out that way because that's where they choose the live, and a townhouse is in their budget. And why not buy a townhouse in Ashburn? Many of them are the same size as a single family anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
Location is terrible - it is basically in no man's land out past Dulles. Unless you work outside the beltway in VA your commute will be a nightmare.

I also would not purchase a "luxury" townhouse that far out either. Nothing against THs, but people that can afford these luxury THs will likely be looking at SFHs and not townhomes. People live out that far because they want nice big single family homes that are very expensive closer to DC, not because they want to live in a townhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia