Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Caladium, back to your topic: I obviously don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't think most consumers really care about or notice a tax on restaurant meals, and I would not think most prospective restaurateurs would see the absence or presence of a meals tax as a major factor in where to open their business. It seems to me that things like lease costs, local tax rates and tax breaks for small businesses, competition, potential clientele, health regulations, availability of low-wage labor, etc., would be far more important.

That's not to say it's unimportant to the residents of Loudoun, of course.
Thanks for bringing this back on topic. Actually, since this thread keeps getting hijacked and hardly anyone seems interested in discussing the topic, I've decided to ask the mods to close it. It's a real waste of my time to keep checking it only to see it's been hijacked again. I give up.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM

236 posts, read 479,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
What silliness. I realize you're having hilarious fun running around this forum posting bashes left and right, but at least say some thing that makes sense. Here's a comparison of Loudoun and St, Louis's taxes. Looks like they charge the same taxes to me.
actually you should be comparing St Louis to a major City here if you want to look at it like that, will they take over 26% of my earnings?

I realize it may be hard for some that a 30 year veteran of Arlington and the NoVa area in general is tired of getting bent over every week as it is.

Think of new ways to milk the populous instead holding steady income and economic war against your own citizens. Get constructive, make something...

Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Artifact View Post
actually you should be comparing St Louis to a major City here
Start a new thread if you want to do that. This thread was about Loudoun County taxes.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM

236 posts, read 479,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Start a new thread if you want to do that. This thread was about Loudoun County taxes.
St Louis was dirty and M.O. was bland... didn't like Kansas either so there is no need.

people don't really want to talk about new taxes imo, they just don't want them... is the thread some kind of soft-core attempt to feed it into the psyche of the residents until they wake up one morning after it is not being talked about and it has been instituted.

the vanity... force them by law to give more money!

it doesn't matter what kind of tax this just is imo, it's the same old line and reasoning over again.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Closed per Original Poster's request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia